Honored Contributor

Anyone bought a printer recently?

need a new one, not HP {#emotions_dlg.mad}

and not a lot of money

HP one I have has software issues and now is having some ink issues, so we are looking at possibly a new one, Brother maybe?

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone bought a printer recently?

I agree that HP printers aren't what they used to be. My last one was a color printer that would not print in black and white unless all the color cartridges were full. This cost plenty of $$$. It also had a lot of problems. I got a Brother black-and-white printer, which performs like the old HP printers did. You might want to check them out.

Honored Contributor

I have a Cannon that I got at Staples, it was around $80, and Cannon is great with their Customer Service

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

OK thanks

Respected Contributor

A tip for you, Jackthebear. I still use my old HP as a fax machine. I found a tip on-line about how to fool the printer when the ink cartridges are gone. I put a piece of tape (duck tape seems to work best, but try various kinds) on the round hole in the back of the ink cartridges). It fools the printer into thinking they're full. I will never buy an HP again. Their printers aren't what they used to be, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister had an HP e-printer. She had a problem with it, and brought an 8600 Pro series printer. I have a old Dell 968W printer. It has worked with different version of Windows, because it is a network printer. It needs an Ethernet and USB cables. Brother printers maybe a nice change. You may want to check the company site, and support for Window drivers.
Respected Contributor

I have a Canon and it won't print if one of the cartridges is empty. I think all brands are that way.

Honored Contributor

I just bought a Canon MX472. I was replacing an HP that didn't last very long. My Canon's have always been great. Amazon has it for $65.99 right now with free shipping. I think it was $100 at Best Buy.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Also looking for something new, but I need both color and B&W capacity. Still looking.
Esteemed Contributor

Canon MG5520. Really good home wireless printer. Bought it last summer at newegg.com and paid around $50.00 with free s/h. Ink is reasonably priced, too.