Trusted Contributor

Kindle Fire Hdx vs. Words With Friends

Anyone besides me having trouble with Words with Friends. I had no problem with my old Kindle. Got this new one for Christmas and have had nothing but trouble with WWF.

It works fine except for WWF. I get a blank puzzle, sometimes a blank screen and it freezes and I have to shut it off.

In frustration I deleted it from my Kindle and went to the store and downloaded it anew. Had to set up new game with new user name etc.

It worked for a day and now it's back to doing the same thing. Amazon tried helping a long time ago with another problem, but told me it's really Zengas problem and they can't do much. I've tried but got nowhere trying to reach Zenga.

I enjoy playing with my daughter so it is frustrating.

Help----

Jamma

Respected Contributor

Re: Kindle Fire Hdx vs. Words With Friends

I'm assuming it is the 8.9" that you got and YES I have trouble. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Amazon and Amazon app dept. trying to fix it. That was back in October. I've never been able to play WWF on it.

WWF works fine on the HD version and also the 7" HDX as far as I know.

I play it usually twice a day and I have to play on my older Kindle HD.

There are discussions on it over at Amazon, so we aren't the only ones.

Amazon was suppose to call me when it was fixed, but they never have. I don't even try to play on it anymore. I just use my older Kindles or my phone.

It's very disappointing.

Trusted Contributor

mima thank you so much. I thought my Kindle was a dud or I was doing something wrong.

It's a shame when you spend all this money for something only to be disappointed. I realize it's only a game but considering the cost you would think Amazon would try to solve the problem.

At the very least be courteous enough to get back to you.

Thank you for answering me---I feel better knowing its not my Kindle it's Zenga. Yes it's the 8.9.

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

I guess we are the only 2 having a problem mima.

Jamma

Respected Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Jamma said:

I guess we are the only 2 having a problem mima.

Jamma

We really aren't. The people that own the 8.9" here probably don't play that game. Google the words: Words With Friends, Amazon Discussions, 8.9 HDX. I think that's all, and you will find the discussions of problems that we are having.

It works on all the other kindles. I don't understand why they don't fix it.

I just tried mine again yesterday and it still doesn't work. I pretty much gave up.

One more thing, I don't know for sure if it works on last years 8.9 HDX. It DOES work on last years 7" HDX because I own that one.

Contributor

I have had problems with it too. I have given up playing on the kindle and just play on the phone now. I removed and reloaded the app and had the same problem as the O P.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Mima & JB. One would think they would aim to please and fix it.

Jamma