Trusted Contributor

Why is it when I'm on Google Chrome, some websites won't load, but then I go on IE and the website comes up? This has happened to me on a few different websites. Why does Google Chrome have this issue, anyone experience it too?

Regular Contributor
nope
Honored Contributor

I have a small inexpensive chromebook and at times I can't open a site because it is too large - then I have to switch over to my windows 8 computer.

Honored Contributor

I've never had a site not load, just video from a site. It's usually a flash thing, but some other extensions have also caused issues with Google Chrome. Videos from NBC and Chrome are mortal enemies and every few months I have to make some kind of Chrome adjustment to get NBC/MSNBC videos to load. Most other sites I don't have issues with.

Honored Contributor

I was using Chrome as my default browser. About 2 wks. ago I started having problems, specifically with ordering online at a few sites. QVC was one. I could put something in my cart, then go through the steps to order, but when I hit "submit order" it would go to a page that said "Bad Request." Thank goodness my cart was also on my Droid phone, or I would have lost it completely. This was happening all of the time. Then I stopped being able to see videos here and on YouTube. So I called about it.

The tech explained what was going on with Chrome and how it was interacting with something else on my computer. Then he said to use IE. So for now, that's what I'm doing! I like Chrome and I want to go back to it. But I want to be able to see videos and shop too!

Valued Contributor

Same issues here - I've been switching back and forth between Chrone and Explorer. Have you cleared out your history in Chrome?

Frequent Contributor

I have problems too! Can't to more that two or three sights, have to close and go back in. Also my mouse freezes up, that is probably something else. excuse the spelling.

Esteemed Contributor

I have experienced freezing using Chrome and a couple of other minor things. I clear my history weekly. Chrome updates automatically, so everyone always has the most current updates. Usually closing it and rebooting the computer clears up whatever was the cause. Only twice have I had to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it to resolve an issue. However, I've never had to uninstall to reinstall IE or AOL (yes, this old-timer still has AOL) in order to clear a problem.

Super Contributor

I can't use Chrome anymore back to IE

Valued Contributor
I just installed the new Chrome Beta and everything is working better for me....flash player even playing Q videos on mobile for me now. Smiley Happy