Super Contributor

If anyone has cell phone service with either company are you happy with them? Thinking of getting a cell phone either from At&t or Sprint.

At&t has unlimited talk text & 3 GB of data for $65 is 3 GB a lot I have no idea. Husband has tracfone which is ok for him but I wanted a talk text & data plan,

Esteemed Contributor

I had no choice, really. Daughter and her hubby worked for Sprint. I got a small family discount and so not to "rattle the family," I went with Sprint and dropped Verizon.

So far happy, not necessarily with the company itself or with the plan BUT WITH A LOCAL SPRINT STORE WHERE I HAVE JUST ABOUT ADOPTED THE MARVELOUS STAFF. I HAVE FOUR DAUGHTERS AND I NOW SEEM TO HAVE 2-3 SONS.

I go for treatment and good local customer service. They solve all my problems if any and I have a comfy feeling knowing that they "have my back."

Esteemed Contributor

I'm loyal to Verizon after having had both Sprint and AT&T.

AT&T always got my bill wrong and dropped calls.

Sprint had great customer service, but they couldn't compete with the company discount I got through Verizon.

3 GB may be sufficient or it may not be enough. If you stream (watch movies, don't use wifi, use YouTube, download books and music, use your phone's GPS), your data plan will be eaten up pretty quickly.

I have my Mom on my plan and between the two of us, we don't go over 2GB. I use wifi, I'm not sure if she does.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor
It depends on your area. My son in MI has a good sprint signal, here in FL I have a good ATT signal. When he visits he is outside on his phone for good reception. Talk to folks and investigate how close towers are.
Super Contributor

Thank you all for posting we live in a big city and At&t & Sprint both have good coverage. I will check out both carriers and see who has the best deals.

Valued Contributor
Check out t mobile plan pay 35.00$ a month unlimited text and calls, they automatically take it out of checking. We like.
Frequent Contributor

I have had AT&T for over 15 years and it has worked beautifully for me. My son and his family joined my plan several years ago as the one I was on, offered a good price for additional family members.

When the bill arrives, I go on line and pay my portion and he does the same - very smooth.

I think the plans now are somewhat similar in cost. Sprint has been offering plans to compete with the others. So, all in all, about equal. I pay about $60 dollars for unlimited usage. It will go up a bit when I get a new phone. I don't think any of the companies give out free phones anymore when you renew the contract. Now you can purchase a phone and pay for it monthly if you chose, along with your statement.

I've heard stories about CS with all the companies - so it can be "hit or miss". My experience with AT&T's CS has been fine.

Honored Contributor

I've had AT&T for cell service forever. First they were Bell South Mobility in the mid 90's, when I started. Then they became Cingular and now they're AT&T. Anyway, I've had no problems with them at all. I have good reception and I don't get dropped calls. My iPhone has been great with them.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Too bad Verizon isn't a choice for you. That would be the one most highly recommended.

As for the other two - I have Sprint and my husband has ATT.

Actually, the main reason I have Sprint is that I had Nextel, which was really great, and they were acquired by Sprint several years ago so I stuck around. It's been good but I also don't need a smartphone so one thing I've learned is that none of the main carriers cater to dumbphone people anymore. You need to either get a smartphone or just take one of two choices of dumbphones and that's that. I also had to call two different times to block texts because I was getting spam texts and getting charged for it. I'm a grown up - I just use the phone as a phone and I don't work anymore, so I don't need a phone that does other stuff. But I think they finally got the text thing blocked for good.

As for his ATT service - Yikes! He has deadspots pretty much everywhere. Often he doesn't get his messages until he gets them all in a lump, like next Monday. It might not be that way everywhere, but I'd go without before I'd choose them. He has an iPhone, BTW.

Respected Contributor

AT&T has been around literally forever. Sprint was purchased by an Asian company.

Verizon is the #1 carrier. If it's not a choice, hands down; AT&T.

ETA: Depending on your area is a huge factor in deciding on a cell phone company.