Respected Contributor

I just signed up for Direct TV and dropped DISH!

I'm not going to go through this dropping channels stuff every other month..........Direct will be here tomorrow morning to get me set up! I know DISH will have Fox News back any time now, but I'm tired of messing with them and tired of never knowing that when I click on a channel whether or not it's going to be there........

Honored Contributor

Re: I just signed up for Direct TV and dropped DISH!

Will they install a new dish or use the old one?

Contributor

Good for you! Sick of Dish constantly dropping channels. It has become a very irritating pattern lately. CNN was off for far too long. We also lost CBS for a day. It gets real old real fast!

Respected Contributor

On 12/30/2014 brii said:

Will they install a new dish or use the old one?

I assume I'm getting a new one.........why miss a chance to advertise since their name is plastered all over the dish......not too sure they'd want or be able to use the DISH satellite anyway since it's their property.

New Contributor

Don't be fooled Direct TV has the same issues when they are at the end of contracts with stations. We had direct for years they did the same but worse yet they raised prices on us reguraly sometimes quite a bit. We were told this was because networks jacked up there prices on them so it was passed on to the customer. At least dish has always fought to keep their prices lower. The channel have always come back. We finally dropped. Direct due to there horrible cs. Our bill is less with more channels and cs is way better.
Respected Contributor

Thought I just read Time Warner wants to buy Direct TV. Anyone else?

Respected Contributor

I'm sure there could be issues, but with what I'm saving being a new customer will make up for the increase next year which will keep me pretty much the same money-wise as keeping DISH.....then I can choose to leave if the games start. Don't kid yourself, dISH will raise their rates anyway.......the keeping rates low for the customer is a fairytale.
Honored Contributor

I've had dish for the last 9 years. We lost a channel once for a week a couple years ago, nothing lately. You will definitely get a new dish and have to take down the old one by yourself. Unless they made changes, you will have to mail a portion back to them and dispose of the rest or get charged for it. My mother's is still on her roof. She told them she lived alone and couldn't physically get on the roof. I don't see the other side of the fence as being greener, so I'm staying put.
Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 hulagirl said: I'm sure there could be issues, but with what I'm saving being a new customer will make up for the increase next year which will keep me pretty much the same money-wise as keeping DISH.....then I can choose to leave if the games start. Don't kid yourself, dISH will raise their rates anyway.......the keeping rates low for the customer is a fairytale.
My dish has gone up $8 in 9 years. Of all the bills, they've had the lowest increase. It started at $49.99 for basic channels and is $57.77 now.
New Contributor

Yes they all raise there prices but direct was by far the worst after they get you with there new crust rates and your stuck. We have been with dish for about 15years now and the rates have only raised min. Fox will be back, I miss watching it in the morning also. I have been enjoying some of the blaze since this happened though. I hope you have better experience with direct then we did, maybe they've improved, but don't be surprised when you loose a channel when they are at the end of contracts or your bill skyrockets so they can keep a channel that's just part of the game for any of them.