Super Contributor
When I turn my iPad horitonal(hope that's correct) the favorites bar is to the left. Bar showing web sites how do I make this go away? I don't have it when it is the other way.
Contributor

Just tap a second time on the favorites icon to close the list.

Super Contributor

Which bar are you asking about, I want to make sure I give instructions for the right bar.

There is a favorite menu bar, located at the top just under the address bar. On mine, it has preloaded website names listed going across (left to right). Apple, iCloud, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Then there is a bookmarks bar, often referred to as favorites, that is activated by clicking on the little book icon at the top, to the left of address bar. This bar shows different websites that you might select to save as favorite. I have many, many, many listed, LOL.

If its the bookmark bar, then Ariane gave instructions above to click the book icon again. This will make it go away.

If its the favorite menu bar, then you turn this off in Preferences, clicking on Safari, look in General section, then turn favorites bar off.

Now I just checked on my iPad, and no matter which direction I turn mine, I don't have either one of those bar show more/less information than what I saw on the other direction view. Both look exactly the same, except one is long and the other is wide (best way to describe with saying horizontal and vertical to make sure we are calling it the same, LOL). Are you clicking on something before you change direction? Maybe this is opening something, and thus changing what you see when you change direction.

Contributor

Hoping you can help me as well. Just got a new iPad Air 2 for Christmas. When logged into QVC, where do I find the forums? I've looked and looked and still no luck. The homepage looks very different than it does on my macbook. Thanks in advance.

-Jacqui

Honored Contributor
On 12/28/2014 Jrose said:

Hoping you can help me as well. Just got a new iPad Air 2 for Christmas. When logged into QVC, where do I find the forums? I've looked and looked and still no luck. The homepage looks very different than it does on my macbook. Thanks in advance.

-Jacqui

Google QVC forums, click on the link, and then bookmark the page when you arrive.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

-Jacqui

Are you using the QVC app? I don't think the forums work on that. Personally, I found that app useless and just deleted it. I use Safari and go to QVC.com.
Contributor

Yes, using the app. Thanks, now I don't feel as if I'm going crazy. Will go through Safari and bookmark the page.

Super Contributor

Yes, using the app. Thanks, now I don't feel as if I'm going crazy. Will go through Safari and bookmark the page.

So much easier. And....since you have a MacBook, be sure to set up both that and the iPad with iCloud and keychain. If you already have the link bookmarked in Safari on your MacBook,, the iPad will have that bookmark already listed. I mention keychain sync also because you can store your login and password info in that. So whichever device your own, if prompted to logon to a website (like the Q for example) you can set to auto fill for you and the. You won't have to remember the codes and enter it in. On the ipad. Just click on auto fill in safari preferences, do same on the MacBook.
Contributor

Lynnj, I have the iCloud setup, but not the keychain. Didn't really understand how it works and wasn't sure it is safe. I'll look further into it.

Thanks for the advise.

Contributor
JRose, I have an iPad ( not the air ), and I have QVC on logo on my pad. I go to community at the bottom and on the left top it says Forums. I just click on that. Hope this helps