Super Contributor

Transferring pictures from the Samsung Galaxy 21X camera to a laptop

Can anyone help me? We had purchased the above mentioned camera when it was a TSV in August. I know that the pictures are supposed to populate into your laptop pretty easily but I have always had to ask DH for help. He is not here right now and I wonder if anyone can shoot me some SIMPLE and easy to follow instructions. I know that I have to have my laptop open and my camera turned on and nearby, but after that I am lost. I'm just gonna thank you in advance on this one. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Trusted Contributor

Re: Transferring pictures from the Samsung Galaxy 21X camera to a laptop

I don't have the Samsung camera that you have, but to download photographs from my camera to my laptop, I use the USB connector that came with my camera, plug it in to my camera and my USB connection, then wait a few seconds until the camera icon comes up on the laptop monitor. Next, click on the camera icon and the list of photos appears.

I hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

My camera works just like seaside shopper described...it is simple. When your photos come up they will most likely be numbered...I always open each one and give them a name pertaining to what the photo is.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/21/2014 momtodogs said:

My camera works just like seaside shopper described...it is simple. When your photos come up they will most likely be numbered...I always open each one and give them a name pertaining to what the photo is.

Excellent advice regarding labeling the photos, momtodogs.

Super Contributor

Thanks ladies. But with this camera you don't have to plug anything into the laptop. The camera and the laptop communicate with each other just by being in the same proximity. Sounds easy, right? Lol.
Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 benzgirl said: Thanks ladies. But with this camera you don't have to plug anything into the laptop. The camera and the laptop communicate with each other just by being in the same proximity. Sounds easy, right? Lol.

I think you are talking transfer via Wi-Fi which is wireless. I suggest if you want the easier way? Do as the ladies suggested and that is via USB, which is called a hard wire connection. All cameras are not the same procedure when talking Wi-Fi, but via USB they are all pretty much the same. If you don't want to do it thru USB you may have to wait for husband to be there.

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Super Contributor

Here's the link to Samsung online - your camera. On this page you will see a link to the owners manual on the right hand side. Instructions your looking for are there ----copy/paste this link into your browser----http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras/EK-GC200ZWAXAR
Respected Contributor

On 12/21/2014 benzgirl said: Thanks ladies. But with this camera you don't have to plug anything into the laptop. The camera and the laptop communicate with each other just by being in the same proximity. Sounds easy, right? Lol.

You have to set up the camera to connect to your wireless network. Did you do that? I have a wireless camera and find it much easier and faster to connect my computer and camera using a cable. Most, if not all, notebook computers have a card reader slot to transfer pictures.

Respected Contributor

Take the card out of the camera and put it into your PC or laptop. The system will recognize the card. When you go into the Windows Explorer (assuming you are Windows) and I mean the file explorer, not the internet explorer, you will see the card as an extra drive, usually letter "e". Go into the directories, usually named DCIM and then your camera name (ie samsung) and the JPG files will all be there. Highlight them and move them to another part of the PC hard drive, like USER/PICTURES.