Occasional Contributor

I am thinking about buying a tablet for Christmas. I don't need it for games, movies, etc. I just want to be able to access the Internet, emails, etc. I'm just really confused about what to purchase. What would you suggest for someone who hasn't used a tablet? I want Wifi access. Thank you so much.

Respected Contributor

Re: Which tablet to start with?

I think the iPad is the best tablet.

Honored Contributor

My DH absolutely loves his Samsung tablet. He got the 7"" to make it easier to take along with him.

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love my iPad! I've had it for 2 years and never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

iPad. You'll end up using it for more than you think you will.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I would also recommend an iPad. It's the easiest to use and you will have no problems. Apple makes the best products. They're pricey, but they'll save you in the long run.

Valued Contributor

I have the 7" Asus and I am very happy with it. The only thing I would replace it with is a 10" when it dies. The 7 is getting a little too small for my older eyes, but it is fits great in my handbag. I have photos of hairstyles I like and can take it to the salon to go over with the stylist. The one thing I miss is the rear camera which my other tablet had on it. My next one will have the camera.

Respected Contributor

I love my Kindle Fire HDX. My friend has an IPad and I don't see why it is worth so much more money. Mine does everything hers does.

The main thing is size. I have both the 7" and the 8.9". I like the 7" best for portability, playing games and reading. I like the 8.9" best if I am going to do emails or surfing. The size to me was harder that "what brand" to get. I ended up with both. I use both sizes and prefer one over the other, depending on what I'm doing.

If I were wanting it mainly for surfing and emails, whatever brand you get, I'd get the bigger one.

Hope this helps a bit.

BTW, I use the 7" way more than the bigger one.

Esteemed Contributor

Android Choices. Samsung has a lot of products on the market. They may introduce some new ones in 2015. The company is having a sale at two vendors.

http://www.staples.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-101-16GB-Black-Tablet/product_237425id=1219093181535&skuId=3715001

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-pro-8-4-16gb-black/3715001.p?

Esteemed Contributor

I have an IPad and an IPhone and love the way they sync. That for sure is something to consider. It is very convenient to have the same emails, photos, and other data to show up on both instruments.