Honored Contributor

What is the best kind of fitbit?

Please help! I didn't know which category to put this in. I want to get me a fitbit. I want to get a really good one. One that tracks sleeping, everything.

I've been reading about them on Consumer Reports, but if you guys know me, you know my eyes glaze over and I feel ummmmmm overwhelmed.

I'm going to get my daughter the wing ding Garmin watch that does everything this Spring. She does a lot of hiking, skiing and you name it.

I want to get us something for now that is small but will monitor everything.

What do all of you recommend? All of your expertise is appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is the best kind of fitbit?

I have a fitbit flex I got through work earlier this year. I call it directionally correct. It gives me a good idea if I had low steps for the day. I tried it for tracking sleep, but it showed I was sleeping when I was awake. After a couple tries, I stopped using it while sleeping. I wear it while awake though. There is a new model out called the charge that seems to have more features. I am hoping we get that through work. If not, I will purchase it. There's a thread about a fitbit tsv on Jan 1. I'd be interested to see if it's the new model.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is the best kind of fitbit?

I had the Fitbit Flex and really liked it BUT...... I found that the kind that clip to your bra, or clothing have issues. Mainly it is very easy to forget you are wearing it and you will accidentally tossed in the laundry. Also I have found that they will also on occasion come off and that you will lose them. I lost my flex over the weekend shopping at a mall and my husband's fell off in a puddle and was run over. The rubber case was on my jeans but the Fitbit somehow fell off. I swore that the next one I bought would be the wrist type. I bought the Charge over the weekend. It is more like a watch and you probably won't end up accidentally throwing it in the laundry. Don't get me wrong I had my flex for nine months but in the end it ended up disappearing. As far as reliability is concerned I really like it. It seems to be very accurate as far as my sleep and my steps are concerned.