Valued Contributor

Update- Wireless home temperature monitor

I bought a ConnectSense wireless temperature and humidity monitor from Amazon. Easy to connect to your network and you can set up quite a few parameters. I set mine up for a phone call if the temperature goes under 55 degrees. I tested it at 70 degrees and it called my cell to let me know the temp was lower. At the time our house temp was 65 degrees. So, I'm happy, so far. It has a battery back-up in case the power goes out, if one doesn't have a generator. You can go to the website and see what the temp and humidity levels are whenever you like. There is no monthly fee. Just thought I'd let anyone know who might be looking for one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update- Wireless home temperature monitor

I'm glad to hear you found something. But I have to ask, do you have someone to go to your house and troubleshoot the problem if the temp is lower than 55 degrees?

Valued Contributor

On 12/19/2014 glb613 said:

I'm glad to hear you found something. But I have to ask, do you have someone to go to your house and troubleshoot the problem if the temp is lower than 55 degrees?

The heating company will do it. No neighbors available. I live in the sticks.

Respected Contributor

On 12/19/2014 Marybella said:

That's good. So, you give the heating company a key to your house and call them to trouble shoot any problems? Maybe I'm a little paranoid but, I wouldn't want to do that.

Valued Contributor

On 12/20/2014 glb613 said:
On 12/19/2014 Marybella said:

That's good. So, you give the heating company a key to your house and call them to trouble shoot any problems? Maybe I'm a little paranoid but, I wouldn't want to do that.

We don't have a problem giving them a key. They are the company who installed the system when we built the house. Small town, where we know the owners of the company.
Honored Contributor

Great recommendation, and thanks for the tips. 8)