Esteemed Contributor

Question About Texting on a Tracfone...

why is it that when typing a name...the text changes the letters...I tried to text Simba....and when I got to the "m"....it changed the S...to an L....happens with many names and I don't know how to fix it...have to change what I am typing ....not using the name...any ideas...

Valued Contributor

Re: Question About Texting on a Tracfone...

The cure depends on your specific phone. You need to go into settings and tell the phone not to correct your spelling. It's a shame because it can be a useful feature, but my phone would not let me type my name.
Respected Contributor

circles, I think the phone needs to be calibrated. On your home screen touch the blue Die in the corner. Touch "Settings" at the bottom right. Touch "Touch" and then touch "Touchpad Calibration" and follow instructions.

I think the problem you are having is the same one I have every now and then when I am inputting a new contact name. For some reason my phone won't stay "calibrated."

Does anyone else have this problem? I have the LG800.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you jGalt and bigsister....I have written the info down and will try to make it work tomorrow....I am too tired this evening....I appreciate your replies...sorry it took me so long to get back this thread...