Esteemed Contributor

Craig TSV - Your Opinions Please!

I'm kinda thinking of picking this up just to be able to play exercise dvds so I don't have to go downstairs to workout. Also, thought it might be nice to take outside in summer to watch a movie or just listen to a cd. Wondering if this is a quality brand? Checked on Amazon and O.com and didn't find any customer reviews.

Respected Contributor

Re: Craig TSV - Your Opinions Please!

I also posted under TSV to see what others thought. It said the picture was clear and sharp during the last presentation. I want to know on sound as it is not bluetooth compatible. It didn't address enough of the DVD etc. compatible with. I asked this under Craig DVD blog he is answering questions on. I also want it for my exercise DVD's.
Honored Contributor

The brand name is 'Craig'? I've never even heard of that brand. With electronics I tend to purchase brand names that have, at least with me, a very good track record over the years. YMMV, however. Smiley Happy I hope you can find some information on this brand. They do sell a lot of not-so-great generic brands, so I'd probably be leary.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/17/2014 MKR NY said: I also posted under TSV to see what others thought. It said the picture was clear and sharp during the last presentation. I want to know on sound as it is not bluetooth compatible. It didn't address enough of the DVD etc. compatible with. I asked this under Craig DVD blog he is answering questions on. I also want it for my exercise DVD's.

Thanx, MKR NY. Yeah, a few reviews I've read for other models on Q said it wasn't that loud. But, without background noise, it should be okay for exercising; and, if plugged into TV, it'll pick up on those speakers also, I assume. I'll check the blog and hopefully, some host will present a really good presentation by playing the sound, etc. Only caught the noontime one and all they did was rant on about nothing IMO.

Respected Contributor

I researched online the resolution on other 10"" DVD players and this is the highest I found. That should make a clear and bright picture. I may reorder this after I watch a few more presentations. The Craig Rep has done a good job answering our questions.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/17/2014 MKR NY said: I researched online the resolution on other 10" DVD players and this is the highest I found. That should make a clear and bright picture. I may reorder this after I watch a few more presentations. The Craig Rep has done a good job answering our questions.

I requested that he has them play something during the presentation - they do for Bose, so they should for Craig. Thanks for checking the resolution. I'll try a catch another presentation, too, and perhaps give it a try.

Trusted Contributor

For $94.99 - Amazon Prime) this might be what you are looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008S08HJ0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=scale-t-4-ag-3-20

dvd; portable dvd; 10 inch dvd player; best portable dvd player; large size dvd player; car dvd play
Sylvania 10-Inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD 5 Hour Rechargeable Battery, Swivel Screen, with USB/SD Card Reader and Car Bag/Mounting Kit
The Sylvania SDVD1048 - 10 inch Portable DVD Player makes it easy to enjoy your favorite DVD movies on the go. The progressive scan DVD player is compatible with a wide range of disc formats, and movies come to life on the large 10-inch widescreen swiveling display which boasts a 16:9 aspect ratio. There is a stereo audio output for the included earphones, that works with any standard 3.5mm headphones, as well as built-in dual speakers. An AV output lets you connect the player to a larger external display. Attach this unit to the back seat of a car with the included car counting kit. Also included is a carrying bag as well as an AC adapter, DC car adapter, remote control, and 2 ear phones. Inside the box is a earphone splitter so 2 people can enjoy the sound. Not only will this unit play all your DVDs and music CDs... you can play all your digital entertainment on this via the included built in USB and SD Card Reader. This unit has it all - and with the large 10 Inch screen and 5 hour battery it will keep the little (or big) ones entertained for hours!

Includes both Home and Car power adapters, take it wherever you go.

Play/Pause/Stop/Repeat/Zoom/Fast Forward/Backward/Volume - control at your finger tips.

• 5 Hour extended battery life
  • Compatible with DVD, DVD-/+R, DVD-/+RW, CD-R, CD-WR, MP3, JPEG
  • Built-in card reader: SD/MMC/USB
  • Includes 2 sets of earphones, earphone splitter, travel bag with car headrest strap, AC and car adapter, remote control, user manual
  • 10 inch TFT LCD screen