Respected Contributor

Staples has the iPad mini for $199.99 in today's ad. No accessories but way cheaper. This is the oldest version of the iPad mini and has no retina display.

Super Contributor

That is a good price! Target has it for $219. I feel QVC is so deceptive stating this is a retail value of over $1,000. How? Anyone can get support from Apple for free.

Respected Contributor
On 12/14/2014 MKR NY said:

Staples has the iPad mini for $199.99 in today's ad. No accessories but way cheaper. This is the oldest version of the iPad mini and has no retina display.

I don't know what version of iPad Mini is today's TSV. I do know that on the Apple website, the latest version is the iPad Mini3. I also know that you can get great deals on refurbished iPad Minis on the Apple website. I believe you get a 1 year warranty and can purchase Apple Care to extend the warranty and tech support to 3 years. I've heard excellent things about refurbished Apple products. As far as tech support is concerned, I'd opt for Apple Care over any of the 3rd party support products. I prefer to talk to people who've been trained by Apple and who know the products.

Frequent Contributor
You're right, no retina display. It's a total rip-off since it's the OLD one. QVC is taking advantage of people.
Honored Contributor

Stay away from this tsv

Respected Contributor
I originally owned the first iPad mini and it is very nice. I upgraded to the iPad mini with retina and have 32 GB storage. If you put them next to each other you will see the difference in the screen but it is still very clear. This is the older processor also. I didn't upgrade to version 3 as I am very happy with version 2. I believe in stating what version this is on air as not to misrepresent what you are describing. I know the difference but many may not. I want all of you to get the best deal you can. You can get a case anytime and there are all kind of screen protectors to buy. Good luck.
Esteemed Contributor
QVC is taking advantage of people who don't know any better. Next year at this time they'll be selling another old version of the iPad and telling people it's the newest latest and greatest. QVC seems to be at least two generations behind hoping people don't notice. If you listen to the callers most of them seem to be older and don't do their research. I know that not everyone can afford the latest and greatest but if you check the ads you should be able to come up with a better deal than this. All those accessories total may be 100 bucks. And they're telling you it's over thousand dollar value? Most of those accessories will never be used they are cheap junk. Sometimes I think QVC thinks their viewers are either too trusting of them or too lazy to do the research.
Visitor
I agree, please do your homework! This is not the latest operating system Apple offers. I recently learned my lesson with another brand on QVC and returned it. Plus as an iPad owner you do not need all the extra accessories, a good stand or case is all you need.
Esteemed Contributor

Things live this TSV and all of the computer TSVs really make me think this is an unethical organization. How on earth can the presenters have any self respect?

Valued Contributor
Well, technically, they are stating it's an "iPad mini" and that's how the first version is called. They are not obligated to say: "By the way, just so you know, there is an iPad mini 2 and 3 out there already"....that's up to the customer to figure out....