Honored Contributor

Dell TSV presentation does not mention Windows 8 at all

And it also did not show the typical Windows 8 start screen either. And it does come with Windows 8.1.

Anyone who can explain that?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
New Contributor

Re: Dell TSV presentation does not mention Windows 8 at all

WINDOWS 8 WAS/IS A TOTAL MESS AND CONSUMERS HATED IT! SO THEY CAME OUT WITH 8.1, ANOTHER BAD SYSTEM. WHEN I BOUGHT A NEW SYSTEM I ORDERED WINDOWS 7 SINCE THEY DUG A BIG HOLE WITH THE WINDOWS 8 AND WINDOWS 8.1

Trusted Contributor

In the presentation I watched, the representative encouraged people to try 8.1 but showed how to shift back to the more traditional screen. But isn't Windows 10 coming out soon? As I understand, there will be no Windows 9.

Honored Contributor

The presentation I watched showed the Windows 8 start screen with the tiles.
Super Contributor

It has mentioned Windows 8.1, but they are not making a big deal out of it. Maybe that's because this computer does not have a touch screen, and if you have 8.1, you probably want a touch screen.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Contributor

Right now I am dealing with my Dell with Windows 8. I have spent a week working with Dell in India. I have had 4 different people and at least 9 hours on the phone and not one thing has been fixed. I have had more trouble with this computer than any other and I am so frustrated with it. They tell me they will call and give me a time frame. I rearrange my schedule and they don't call.

When I see the Q selling a Dell I just scream at the tv. My advice run the other direction. Sorry to be so negative but I have had enough with this piece of junk!

Super Contributor

On 12/13/2014 BOGLIN said:

WINDOWS 8 WAS/IS A TOTAL MESS AND CONSUMERS HATED IT! SO THEY CAME OUT WITH 8.1, ANOTHER BAD SYSTEM. WHEN I BOUGHT A NEW SYSTEM I ORDERED WINDOWS 7 SINCE THEY DUG A BIG HOLE WITH THE WINDOWS 8 AND WINDOWS 8.1

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I hated 8.1. The next laptop I buy I'll try to get WINDOWS 7 as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello (again) Ford...........`I am {WAS} on the reply to you/Pretty Woman topic from the 11th; I had seen, thinking you thought the same, as my husband.

As far as the Dell, I have no answer but my husband did buy the HP from 1 week ago /8.1.

I have Windows. So now we will have two. I will have the option or great insight coming, from a friend, if I mess up on this newer version. Hope it is not defective!

Two subjects that lose my interest quite quickly would be learning [ TECHIE stuff ] and sports, so since I do use 'our computer' once a week, I am curious, not excited...just adore the thought that my best friend in the entire world wanted me to have the latest and (??greatest version PC??).

I love(my work) medicine, along with its research. Always sending my best, _Naes

END OF STORY FOR ME!

Honored Contributor

I heard them mention Windows 8 last night, although I wasn't paying attention and don't remember what they said about it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 mustbuyless said:
On 12/13/2014 BOGLIN said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I hated 8.1. The next laptop I buy I'll try to get WINDOWS 7 as well.

I gave up completely, gave my laptop with 8.1 on it to my granddaughters (who love it), and bought a Dell desktop directly from Dell with Windows 7 on it and am back to enjoying my computer again!! It's got all the new components in it, but no 8.1. Like others, I will wait for Windows 10 and then a good long time after that before I upgrade.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986