Super Contributor

Tracfone...buy minutes or just get a new phone here? What r u doing?

Seems like you save money by just buying a new phone off of QVC as opposed to buying more minutes> Am I right or wrong, my plan is up in a few days. What are you doing?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone...buy minutes or just get a new phone here? What r u doing?

Yes, just get a new phone. Not only is it cheaper, you don't have to worry about replacing worn out batteries. I just got the LG41C a couple of months ago. It's a good phone. E226876

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

thanks, i see that it is a nightmare to keep your old number, but I think it looks like the best plan, i really dont know what to do with the old phone, what did you do? thanks for the tips. we had 2 of the 840G LG's.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Spunkyspouts said:

thanks, i see that it is a nightmare to keep your old number, but I think it looks like the best plan, i really dont know what to do with the old phone, what did you do? thanks for the tips. we had 2 of the 840G LG's.

I do not understand ll the complaints about Tracfone activation/transfers. All you have to do is do it online, read and follow the instructions.

It's really easy, especially if you have created an account on Tracfone.com. If you have not done that, do that first, and then your transfer is really easy.

My old 840G is in a drawer, waiting for me to remember to clear it out and recycle it.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

whats the big difference between the two phones if I may ask please.

Valued Contributor

I don't understand the complaints either. I think people get impatient, do not read instructions and jump ahead. If you take your time, read instructions before you even start (all of them) and then proceed from there, taking care to do each step as instructed, you will not have a problem. My family has had several Tracfones, that's what I've had for years now and never have any of us had a problem with keeping our phone numbers.

I still have my old phones. My Lg840G is used as an alarm clock now. I just keep it charged up so it won't die on me. (My son said once his died, he has never been able to recharge it). I do that so my newer phone can be charging at night on the kitchen counter. I don't like it by my bed at night to let me know every time I have all my lives restored in some silly game I play or something. I'm a light sleeper so that would wake me up. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

The 41C is a true smartphone, with full web access. You can connect to WiFi or use the data connection on the phone. I connect to my home Wifi network when I am home and you do not use any of your 1200 data allotment that way. You can also connect to any free Wifi anywhere and not use data.

I keep my data connection turned off, unless I need it when I am out somewhere.

ETA the 41C also has a larger screen.

Super Contributor

On 12/7/2014 betteb said:

The 41C is a true smartphone, with full web access. You can connect to WiFi or use the data connection on the phone. I connect to my home Wifi network when I am home and you do not use any of your 1200 data allotment that way. You can also connect to any free Wifi anywhere and not use data.

I keep my data connection turned off, unless I need it when I am out somewhere.

ETA the 41C also has a larger screen.

Oh wow, thats a big one. let me make sure I read this right, you can actually use it to get online? I had to laugh when I tried that on my ole 840G, lets just say, it fell a bit short. Last night I just couldn't make my mind up, so I purchased just a small amount of additional time on the LG's we have until I can figure it all out. I like this little phone for just making calls. By the way, when I did connect at home, it did use my minutes. With the extremely slow experience it wasnt worth it to use the phone in that respect.

THe areas I found it to be a joke were trying to call Canada or Mexico..that wasnt happening unless you were calling a LAN line..ooops they didnt mention that on the air. Also, when I bought our minutes last night, well they were not tripled as they were suppose to be for "life". How do we get that fixed, I might want those minutes especially if we upgrade to a true smart phone and I use data.

But if you say this works, I believe you. Do you think it will come again on a lower price or shuld we jump soon? Thanks all.

Super Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Qgirl26 said:

I don't understand the complaints either. I think people get impatient, do not read instructions and jump ahead. If you take your time, read instructions before you even start (all of them) and then proceed from there, taking care to do each step as instructed, you will not have a problem. My family has had several Tracfones, that's what I've had for years now and never have any of us had a problem with keeping our phone numbers.

I still have my old phones. My Lg840G is used as an alarm clock now. I just keep it charged up so it won't die on me. (My son said once his died, he has never been able to recharge it). I do that so my newer phone can be charging at night on the kitchen counter. I don't like it by my bed at night to let me know every time I have all my lives restored in some silly game I play or something. I'm a light sleeper so that would wake me up. Smiley Happy

thats funny, they do take a life on of their own dont they?

Honored Contributor

Get a new phone usually, and the cheapest and best deal I can find on the Interwebz (but good quality).

Which is not necessarily QVC. Smiley Wink