Esteemed Contributor

anyone know anything about this tablet....I am looking for an inexpensive tablet for me and my granddaughter...I don't want to invest in Kindles and Ipads....etc...don't have that kind of money....wondering if this Trio might be my answer....

Regular Contributor
I'm wondering too. Anyone else know more?
Trusted Contributor

I'm a bit confused. After the 5 months, what happens? Do you have to connect to T-Mobile and pay for service?

They never seem to explain everything thoroughly on the presentations.

Honored Contributor

circles,

There are plenty of good/cheaper Android tablets out there that work just fine. Decide what size you want and then start typing it on "google". Amazon is never a bad place to start.

We don't have a "i" anything, or at least I don't. I think my wife bought an Ipod years ago but not sure if she still has it or uses it.

Androids are cheaper and do everything ones that start with an "i" can do. Maybe in a different way, but Android would not be the top seller if it wasn't competing with the "i guys".

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

After 5 months you get 200mb data/month free for the life of the unit. If you use up the 200mb and the month is not up, you either have to wait until the next 30 day cycle begins or you can buy T-Mobile Data cards on those "card stands" that are in all stores nowadays and just load more data.

OR you can go to T-Mobile website and buy more. Going to website, you need to put in a credit card. I personally would not give them an option to randomly "oops, we billed you". I would buy a data card and load it myself.

Unless you plan on using the data a lot, then you can set up different plans for a larger monthly allotment for however many GB you feel you need per month.

You always have the 200mb to fall back on. That is not a huge amount, but I can't think of many places that don't have free wifi available that you can use, except a park, maybe your car.

What I don't see on this is a headphone jack. Speakers on these tablets almost always sound terrible, volume is rarely loud enough. It is pretty hard to fit great speakers into a small, flat portable unit.

So to watch a movie, or maybe even listen to music, you need to be able to use headphones? Sure, it is bluetooth ready, but not many people walk around with a little separate speaker to get better sound.

I went to Trio website to read and really look at this, and I just don't see "headphone jack" listed, nor do I see one. That is the only downside I see.

Otherwise, it is a nice size and if you have ever used Android, you already know how to use this tablet. The speed is good. It was $149.99 on the Trio website too, with the data for life, so "only here at QVC" is not accurate. (although it is listed out of stock at Trio, the Q probably bought them all).

Super Contributor

In the Quick Start Guide it shows the headphone jack on the top next to the power button.

Esteemed Contributor

Well thank you everyone.....I appreciate all your replies....didn't see them till just now....I purchased two at the 10 pm presentation with Rick...

I bought the less expensive ones...I didn't think we would need that extra T-Mobile one...

I see that HSN has two Acer tablets as their TS.....came in my e-mail....maybe I will go check them out...see if that is a better deal....

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the questions and answers on above posts. I ordered last night and decided to download Manual, Quick Start Guide and other downloads available on information page. Many of the questions listed here are addressed in the Manual. There is a headphone jack location and information on sound adjustment addressed and also Bluetooth capabilities. Taking pictures and Skyping have been addressed during tv presentation but video capabilities are explained in the manual. I am very impressed how simply and clearly Trio explains how to interact with all this very reasonably priced tablet offers. Remember any tablet is only as good as the apps that are compatible. Being Google certified is a big deal. I had an earlier generation expensive tablet and apps were limited to that particular manufacturers interactions. Being Google certified provides access to zillions of free and fee upgradeable apps.

I travel in my job to third world countries and my electronics are regularly "missing" when I go through security. I can live without my $150 tablet but when my $1,000+ tablets "disappear" over and over again it really adds up.

This is my only Christmas present to me that I can't wear. Shoes, handbags, COCO Chanel and cashmere are always at the top of my list.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

something else I realized is there is no microphone on this tablet so you can ask it anything like other tablets have....I would think if there was...they would have talked about it...

that is a fun feature...I have it on my other tablet...and I was watching the HSN demo for their Acer tablets for their TS....and they were asking it all kinds of questions and getting answers...

now I am not sure....once again....

Esteemed Contributor
On Amazon they have some great deals on kindle fire for about the same price. She wouldn't need the newest. I would by that before I would by a off brand from qvc.