Frequent Contributor

Dell Computers and Customer Service -- Any comments?

Does anyone have any comments concerning their computers and customer service?
Regular Contributor

Re: Dell Computers and Customer Service -- Any comments?

I've bought Dell from QVC in the past and have used Dell CS and didn't have any problems. I like Dell.

Respected Contributor

We have some Dell Laptops and I do not have any complaints or issues. Both were bought through Dell.

I have NEVER called a computer manuf. for 'support help' so I can not comment on this. We have a local 'computer guy' for sets up our laptops and provides help and support. I do not even unpack the laptops when they arrive, I just drop it off at Computer Guy's for set up.

Honored Contributor

I have had a Dell in several years. the customer service I had with them was with people who I could not understand one bit. I gave up and let my husband talk with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Dell computers are junk and so is their foreign customer service.

Frequent Contributor

Terrible experience with Dell. CD stands Customer Disservice.
Valued Contributor

Bought the recent Dell TSV here and never again will I be dumb enough to do that again! Worst laptop I've ever purchased. It's packed up and ready to ship back ASAP. And yes, Dell customer service was horrid as well.

Trusted Contributor

We brought a Dell desktop computer several years ago when they were first hitting the market and used Dell's finance plan for purchase. We had a problem. We did not know when we needed assistance that we would reach a representative in another country who was almost impossible to understand. He basically told me that he would not speak with me and to put my husband on the telephone. My husband told him that I was just as capable of handling matters of our household.

We were advised to return the monitor when we received the replacement one and to use those packing materials and box to return it, which we did. Several months later, we noticed a negative comment on our credit report. Dell was the reporter, as they had never received the monitor. It was something about a $30 charge (shipping). We had the shipping receipt ticket, so I called them and again reached a representative in a different country and went through the same attitude toward a female handling the situation. We were so incensed to think they would put something on our credit report for a $30 problem, of which we had never been notified about.

Needless to say, we have not bought a Dell computer since and never will. IBM, HP, Toshiba, but never Dell again.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

I currently have a Dell. upgraded from a Dell with xp. Haven't had a need to call customer service. Both computers ran fine. I think there's an opportunity to get a lemon with any brand.
Honored Contributor

I had one Dell laptop and it was both over-priced for what it was and often problematic. The CS was uneven veering toward not good. From then on, whenever I need a new computer, I won't even consider Dell (or HP)... There are too many better options available, though I'd surmise CS is uneven regardless of brand.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...