Esteemed Contributor

is there any way to do a split screen?

or a window-in-window sort of configuration on a Mac?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Re: is there any way to do a split screen?

When I have questions, I google exactly what you asked and always find the answer. That is how I found this link: geeknaut.com.
Super Contributor

You can configure you window, for each thing open, by putting your mouse on the left/right edge and dragging in/out to whatever size you want. Then put your mouse on the top menu bar of whatever you have open and drag the entire window it to wherever you want. If you do this with both things you have open, and configure size/move windows, you can have two windows side by side.

I like to use the SPACES feature. It lets you set multiple "desktops" then you can scroll through to get to the one you want. I like using this because I can open an app and use full screen. Then create another desktop with a different app open on full screen. If I had both apps open on the same desktop, I would need to minimize one app to see the other, and so on.

Here is an article on how to use this feature. The instructions are for an older OS, Lion, but the process to set up and use are exactly the same in Mountain Lion, Maverick, and Yosemite.

http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_use_spaces_mac_os_x_lion%C2%A0

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/22/2014 wmsbgshopper said: When I have questions, I google exactly what you asked and always find the answer. That is how I found this link: geeknaut.com.

I do that sometimes but to be honest, since I don't always know the correct terminology to use, I don't always find my answer. when I come here, I always know there's somebody available for a quick answer, even if I don't word it properly. but thanks for that website name, I have not used that one.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

Lynnj, thank you for that quick and easy tutorial. I did exactly what you said and now I'm posting here and watching Harriet (on the Florida eagle cam) sit on her egg at the same time. you are awesome!

Super Contributor

On 11/22/2014 Mochahoney said:

Lynnj, thank you for that quick and easy tutorial. I did exactly what you said and now I'm posting here and watching Harriet (on the Florida eagle cam) sit on her egg at the same time. you are awesome!

Glad it worked for you and you're enjoying watching the eagle cam while doing other stuff.