Super Contributor

I have had my Ipad Mini for about 9 months. This morning I plugged it in to recharge and nothing! I can't get anything on it. I am far from a tecky - does it have a battery that I might need to replace? Does anyone know who I would contact for service? I purchased from Sprint when we got our new Iphones. Thanks for any help.

Respected Contributor
First hold the home and the power button down together for about five seconds and see if it comes on. This does a soft reset I think. If that doesn't work plug it into your computer and see if it comes back to life. This dead thing happens from time to time on most of the devices. Be sure when you turn it off in the future that you have closed your open applications. Hope this helps.
Super Contributor

SHAWNIE Thank you for the info - You have given me hope. I will try right now. It appears to be working - looks like it is charging. THANK YOU!!

Trusted Contributor
On 11/20/2014 Wiskota said:

SHAWNIE Thank you for the info - You have given me hope. I will try right now. It appears to be working - looks like it is charging. THANK YOU!!

Glad it worked! You just gotta love this bb!

Super Contributor
Give it some time to charge. You probably deleted the battery fully. Also..once you get it up and running again, make sure you close all apps that aren't being used. It puts a strain on batter and processor to keep those open all the time. To do so - double click the home button, for each mini page you see open, put your finger on and push up. Keep moving through the carousel until all you see is a mini version of your home screen. All apps are now closed.
Respected Contributor
I wonder if someone knows the answer to this situation. I am buying an I-pad mini for a Xmas gift. Amazon has it for way cheaper than QVC. I wonder if I am missing something when I did the comparison. They are both 16gb and the q's does come with a case ($15) yet the price difference is over $100.
Honored Contributor
On 11/20/2014 Danky said: I wonder if someone knows the answer to this situation. I am buying an I-pad mini for a Xmas gift. Amazon has it for way cheaper than QVC. I wonder if I am missing something when I did the comparison. They are both 16gb and the q's does come with a case ($15) yet the price difference is over $100.

Q's prices are higher than at the Apple store. They often bundle things with it that 99% of people would never need or use. IMO, I would buy it from an Apple store, Target, or some other local store if I were you.

Respected Contributor
On 11/20/2014 Danky said: I wonder if someone knows the answer to this situation. I am buying an I-pad mini for a Xmas gift. Amazon has it for way cheaper than QVC. I wonder if I am missing something when I did the comparison. They are both 16gb and the q's does come with a case ($15) yet the price difference is over $100.

It's the price you pay for EZ pay.

Super Contributor
On 11/20/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

Q's prices are higher than at the Apple store. They often bundle things with it that 99% of people would never need or use. IMO, I would buy it from an Apple store, Target, or some other local store if I were you.

That is 100% the correct answer, as well as the other poster who said its the price you pay for easy pay. I haven't looked that the mini you are looking at from the Q, but I would bet it's the older version. The latest was just released in Sept/Oct, called the iPad mini 3, and 16gb wifi sells new at apple online or apple store for $399. It's lighter, faster, and has a few other newer features. Apple also offers in house financing, so essentially this is also easy pay because there is no monthly interest charge if you make monthly payments.
Honored Contributor

Another plus from buying it at the Apple store is that they have free training sessions in their store. If you don't know the basics of using the device the free sessions can be really helpful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau