Super Contributor

Does anyone have this? Do you like it? What are the ups and downs? Thinking of getting it for hubby for christmas.

Respected Contributor

I have it and love it. What I really like is you can start watching a program on one Apple device and finish it on Apple TV or the reverse. It knows right where you stopped on the other device. I often start a movie or show on my iPad, get too tired to watch more then watch what's left on the TV. It streams from Hulu, Netflix, PBS and several other channels.

I also have a smart Blu-ray player if I want to stream channels Apple TV doesn't have. If you have Apple computers, it makes sense to have Apple TV. But you don't have to have Apple devices to use it. As long as you have an iTunes account, you can make purchases through Apple TV.

Trusted Contributor

I have it and love it too..DW

Honored Contributor
We have one. I have it to my husband for Christmas last year. No downside.
Valued Contributor

Love our AppleTV as well. No complaints at all.

Super Contributor
I have one, and love it. I am all Apple at my house. So this works for me because everything syncs together. I like that I can also access my pictures and music through this also, using the tv screen for picture viewing, and the speakers from my surround sound to play music. Devices like Ruko, which is basically the same thing as Apple TV, offer many more channels to view than the Apple TV. But honestly, the channels that Apple TV offers are the ones I watch and are more than enough for me. I am not sure if Ruko has a feature to access your computer files, so that you can view pictures and listen to your music? Maybe someone who has one can speak to that.
Super Contributor

Thank you all, I am going to purchase it now! Happy Holidays!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Its the cheapest if your order it from Walmart through mrrebates. There is free shipping to your house and I think its 4% cash back from mrrebates...DW

Contributor

Apple TV is on sale at ""Staples"" this week for $79 (according to flyer in Sunday newspaper).

Esteemed Contributor
Love Apple TV!