Valued Contributor

Problem using KF-HD8.9 on qvc.com

This is a heretofor unseen issue for me using a Kindle Fire HD8.9. When I go to Order Status on qvc.com and try to type into the box where you enter your item no., a NumPad appears on my screen with no acesss to the alphabet keyboard. Since the qvc item nos. include both letter and numbers, i can't do the search.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any resolution?

Honored Contributor

Re: Problem using KF-HD8.9 on qvc.com

I usually use the "recently aired" section to find items from my tablet, so I don't know if I have this issue or not. I will check when I get home. (I also have an HDX, not an HD.)

I would call QVC and let them know. It sounds like a programming issue on their end, since many websites program fields to only accept numbers.

In the meantime, you can try some workarounds:

1 - Enter the item number in a notepad app (you may need to install one form the app store), then copy and paste it into the QVC search bar.

2 - Use the QVC app instead of QVC.com. If you use the app, you cannot use ebates or mrrebates, but aside from that, it works well and I've had no problems with it.

Valued Contributor

Just to clarify, the box I'm talking about is the one within the Order Status section, that says, "Search by Item Number or Order Number."

Thanks for your suggestions, but I'd really like to know if this occurs for others with Kindle Fire HD (or maybe even HDX).

Regular Contributor

On 11/18/2014 jGalt said:

Just to clarify, the box I'm talking about is the one within the Order Status section, that says, "Search by Item Number or Order Number."

Thanks for your suggestions, but I'd really like to know if this occurs for others with Kindle Fire HD (or maybe even HDX).

Just tried it on my HDX 7 and the same thing happens. I tried it with both the Amazon keyboard and the SwiftKey keyboard and it occurred with both. It's just a numerical keyboard that looks like it's set up for phone number dialing, since it includes "Pause" and "Wait" buttons.

It's got to be a problem on QVC's end