Respected Contributor

In case you missed it......another iOS update to download.

Every few days I check my software to be sure I'm up to date.....found one last night.
Respected Contributor

Re: In case you missed it......another iOS update to download.

I hope it helps the slowness.

Occasional Contributor

It has been very slow and I do not receive any or my reminders. When I go add a new reminder I receive up to ten old ones back to back.

Respected Contributor

Not sure what to tell you, but it didn't take mine very long at all to download and install.....the only thing I had to do was to go plug it in my charger because I only had 47% of my battery life left and you have to have at least 50% for it to install............

Honored Contributor

I always hate the new downloads so I am nt going to do it unless people start raving about how great it is.
Super Contributor

i used to download them right away - but after the big problems that people were having over the last one i now wait a few days and check some of the cellphone forums to find out how it is working!

Respected Contributor

I updated today and it took a long time like two hours for a small download. Said it was for bug fixes and Ipad 2 and iPhone four fixes. I have an air 2 and I can see that Safari is faster accessing QVC pages this afternoon. Maybe just a coincidence. Who knows.
Super Contributor

I updated my phone and pad the night they came out. Maybe took 15 min? I have iPad 4 and iPhone 5. I haven't noticed that much of a difference, but I do sort of feel that Safari is running a bit better. Maybe I am crazy, LOL. If anyone has been holding off from doimg the update because they were afraid of problems.....for me all went well, and all good. I will update my MacBook this weekend.
Honored Contributor

I updated as soon as the software was available. It only took about 15 - 20 minutes for the iPad 3, same for my iPhone 5. If it takes significantly longer than that, I'd suggest connecting the mobile device to iTunes on your computer and updating that way. Sometimes there's a slowdown on the Apple servers, sometimes your connection is slow/weak, and in a few cases the internet service providers have been known to throttle back and slow everything down to a crawl. I think Safari is faster and so far (fingers crossed) I haven't seen any more websites "freezing up" when I use Safari.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

On 11/19/2014 dooBdoo said:

I updated as soon as the software was available. It only took about 15 - 20 minutes for the iPad 3, same for my iPhone 5. If it takes significantly longer than that, I'd suggest connecting the mobile device to iTunes on your computer and updating that way. Sometimes there's a slowdown on the Apple servers, sometimes your connection is slow/weak, and in a few cases the internet service providers have been known to throttle back and slow everything down to a crawl. I think Safari is faster and so far (fingers crossed) I haven't seen any more websites "freezing up" when I use Safari.

15 or 20 minutes is what I experienced too.......I downloaded it night before last on my iPhone 5 and (because I received my 6 yesterday) had to download it on it......took the same amt. of time. I've never had any problems doing iOS downloads like so many others.....guess I'm just lucky.