Contributor

Wait til Black Friday to buy Beats Studio Wireless Headphones

I noticed HSN is selling Beats Studio Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones on HSN as TSV for $299.95. But if you wait until Black Friday a number of stores including Walmart, Target, and Best Buy will be offering them for only $149.00 ($130 off retail price) of course you will probably have to close line & body slam a few people to get one, but thats a better deal.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wait til Black Friday to buy Beats Studio Wireless Headphones

Honored Contributor

I happened upon part of a presentation of these last night or this morning (cannot remember when - I don't sleep well) and, anyway, I was wondering if this was THAT good a product. They looked kind of hokey and the band over the head didn't even look padded.

The only 'over the head' headphones I have are Sennheisers and I really like them. But as good as that brand is, none of mine have ever cost me anywhere near $300. They are always padded on the band part and I would think that w/b pretty important. Well, plus exceptional sound - that's always important. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

They sure named them right! My neighbor, he's 15, has a set of Beats. I listen to mostly rock, jazz, and blues. He let me try his headphones out. Way too heavy on the bass (beat) for my musical taste, but he loves them because he listens to rap and country.

Honored Contributor

I saw that on hsn and I asked my wife: "who in the heck spends $300 on any headset". Now I consider myself and audiophile, but I prefer real surround sound for my listening. My listening is done via our vehicles audio systems or my 2 big home audio systems.

Nothing that goes over my ears can reproduce surround sound that to me comes even close to replicating "true surround". I have only 2 ears and with headsets there is no way I would feel like I was being surrounded by sound comparable to the real thing.

For those that choose to spend that much money on listening devices? Hey, everyone can decide how they spend their money. Were I to do any audio gift giving, it would be something more substantial were I to spend $300 or more for something that goes on a persons head.

That is just me and to each be their own.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

On 11/16/2014 bill09 said:

I noticed HSN is selling Beats Studio Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones on HSN as TSV for $299.95. But if you wait until Black Friday a number of stores including Walmart, Target, and Best Buy will be offering them for only $149.00 ($130 off retail price) of course you will probably have to close line & body slam a few people to get one, but thats a better deal.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} sad but true - you just may have to bodyslam a few people!

my son wants some. so when the BF ads starting coming out i was watching for them! alot of kids at his school have them. the pink is the IT color even with the guys! a couple on the basketball team have them.

Frequent Contributor

It now is a few days after the HSN Today's Special, but I still thought I would ask -- Does anyone know if the model offered on HSN is the exact same one offered in the Black Friday deal mentioned by the Original Poster? I do not own, and am not interested in purchasing, any Beats, but I did see part of one HSN presentation. The host mentioned that there were various models of Beats - maybe Good, Better and Best versions. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 hckynut said:

I saw that on hsn and I asked my wife: "who in the heck spends $300 on any headset". Now I consider myself and audiophile, but I prefer real surround sound for my listening. My listening is done via our vehicles audio systems or my 2 big home audio systems.

Nothing that goes over my ears can reproduce surround sound that to me comes even close to replicating "true surround". I have only 2 ears and with headsets there is no way I would feel like I was being surrounded by sound comparable to the real thing.

For those that choose to spend that much money on listening devices? Hey, everyone can decide how they spend their money. Were I to do any audio gift giving, it would be something more substantial were I to spend $300 or more for something that goes on a persons head.

That is just me and to each be their own.

People who travel and spend hours next to screaming babies on planes will hand you $300 in a heartBEAT! Hubby has the Bose and is on his second set--the in-ear this time! He doesn't go without them. He wears them in the airport and on the plane and the noise cancelling feature is remarkable.