Trusted Contributor

I keep getting the message to upgrade my browser. i have a Mac. Should I use Chrome or Firefox? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

What about Safari?

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Download both - it is often helpful to have options when one browser tends to have problems, you have a second one ready to use.

Super Contributor

Is it a message from the App Store, saying that an update for Safari is available? If so, yes.

You can also verify that it is a message from the App Store by opening the App Store and clicking updates at the top. It will automatically scan for updates (few seconds) and then list all that are available. I am sure you will see something listed there for Safari.

It is important to keep your browser updated, which ever you have/use, because they often send updates that address security concerns.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/15/2014 Lynnj said:

Is it a message from the App Store, saying that an update for Safari is available? If so, yes.

You can also verify that it is a message from the App Store by opening the App Store and clicking updates at the top. It will automatically scan for updates (few seconds) and then list all that are available. I am sure you will see something listed there for Safari.

It is important to keep your browser updated, which ever you have/use, because they often send updates that address security concerns.

No, when I go to various sites, all reputable, it will say across the top that I should update my browser.

Super Contributor

Definitely update. I am working on a project at work right now and the number of folks with really old browsers is driving me crazy. An older browser will cause the website to not display correctly - that submit button just might be off the edge of the page, or you are only seeing part of the information. Update!