Frequent Contributor

My new Qvc Dell laptop of 2 months has died, please help....

My 2 month old laptop which was fully charged will not turn on, any ideas what is wrong? Thanks for any help you can give me..........Lynda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My new Qvc Dell laptop of 2 months has died, please help....

Here's a couple things I was told once. Un plug it and turn it upside down. If that doesn't work, remove the battery and then replace it. Your hard drive could have died. I had that happen with a fairly new laptop. Fortunately, it was still under warranty and the hard drive was replaced. Good luck.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I am pretty sure Dell comes with a 1 year manufacturer warrantee. Although the 2 months is outside of the Q 30 day, you should still be able to contact Dell of it's only 2 months old.
Super Contributor

Was it bought during the extended return to Jan 31?

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck. That happened to a Dell laptop I paid 1800 dollars for!! They had to replace it. The replacement was horrible also. Dell stinks, period!!
Contributor

Had some issues with my new Dell that I purchased when it was the last TSV...Got some spyware in and couldn't get rid of the popups. Called McAfee, which is supposed to be Lifetime Antivirus but they wanted $69 to clean it up. Called the PC Elite number, someone took control of the computer and 2 hrs. later - WOO LA - it is fine. He also removed and reinstalled my McAfee and put a spyware remover on my desktop, told me to run it once a month They were great - but it took him over 2 hrs. to clean it up. I was pleased with the end result.

Respected Contributor

I had a hard drive failure and there was a message "no operating system can be found". It was a desktop, the lights lit up and I could hear the fan running. If you can't hear anything, there a chance it's the power supply or motherboard that's failed. Since it's only 2 months old, you need to deal with your Dell warranty unless you can still return it to QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/12/2014 aprildreams said:

If it was and none of the easy solutions work, send it back.

Honored Contributor

On 11/13/2014 colliegirls said:
On 11/12/2014 aprildreams said:

If it was and none of the easy solutions work, send it back.

ITA

Honored Contributor

DID YOU SHUT THE LID WITHOUT LOGGING OFF AND THEN SHUTTING DOWN,FIRST? I DID THIS. I HAD TO DO SOMETHING TO RESTART IT. SORRY, I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT I HAD TO DO, BUT MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE CAN TELL YOU.