Respected Contributor

In case you want/need a Kindle HD/HDX, $30 off some of the models if you....

pay with Discover and use a code. Details is on their site. While supplies last through Nov. 16.

BTW, the kids Kindle looked so cool and it is getting horrible reviews.

The 7" HDX is included in the deal and that one is awesome.

Super Contributor

Re: In case you want/need a Kindle HD/HDX, $30 off some of the models if you....

Thanks for the info! I just bought the kindle fire hd 6 ( not the kids version) and I love it! I also have a regular sized ipad and an iPad mini. I do all the same things on it that I do on my idevices. Sometimes i notice the touch screen doesn't respond on first try, the sound is lower than my iPad mini but that's not a problem since I have earbuds and bluetooth speaker. What I was wondering is I wonder why the kids version is getting not so great reviews ( I wouldn't call them horrible..lol). Isn't this the same as the regular kindle 6 just bundled with case, kids free time and 2 year warranty? I ask because I have considered these for my grandkids for Christmas. Does anyone know? Are these the same?
Respected Contributor

Re: In case you want/need a Kindle HD/HDX, $30 off some of the models if you....

Debbie, you need to compare specs to see if they are the same. I read some of the reviews on the kids version. I think the main gripe (from the few reviews I read) with the kids version is that there isn't enough storage for a movie or to run the Kids Playtime (or whatever it is called).

I own the HD and was totally happy with it, but I didn't have anything to compare it to. I got the HDX a year later and the HDX is a big improvement over the HD. Those are awesome tablets and probably would compare to your Ipad.

I guess you could buy the Kids HD and give it a try out before Christmas. You could go ahead and set at least one up and see how it runs. Then you can reset it factory to give as the gift. If you don't like it, send it back.

I personally "hope" it works good because I think it would be a great and fun gift!

Regular Contributor

Looks like some of the grips are also from parents unfamiliar with the fact that most Android apps don't have (or need) an ""exit"" button.