Honored Contributor

I got an email today telling me about this new product. It will sell for $199, if you are a Prime member (which I am) it's $99. It seems to be a cylinder that you use with your Kindle and is called Alexa. You ask it for information, play music, etc. It gets plugged in and works off wifi and is always on. You need to ask Amazon to be invited to purchase and maybe you'll be picked. I did sign up but not sure I would purchase it.

Esteemed Contributor

I will probably buy at $99, but higher I am not sure. I saw the video. I would love to see a user guide.

Respected Contributor

You use it with your Kindle? I thought it was a stand alone item that connected to your wifi. I didn't watch the video though.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/10/2014 mima said:

You use it with your Kindle? I thought it was a stand alone item that connected to your wifi. I didn't watch the video though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOCeAtKHIc

Super Contributor
I requested an invite too. Fingers crossed!
Respected Contributor
On 11/10/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 11/10/2014 mima said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOCeAtKHIc

Thanks. I'll watch it.

Edit: It was a cool video. I still didn't see anything about using it with a Kindle. It looks like a stand alone product to me. The video made me want it more!

Thanks again.

Super Contributor

Oh my Goodness!

I have looked at this several times and will probably just HAVE to buy one.

Like I need another gadget in this house!!

Honored Contributor

That looks cool! And the price for Prime members isn't all that prohibitive. Not sure how much I'll use it, but I'd sure like to give it a try! Signed up for an invitation.

Regular Contributor

I watched the video on Amazon.com and it is ''stand alone''....but you can use an android app to link it to an android phone or tablet

Honored Contributor
I signed up for an ""invitation"". Something about that doesn't still well with me. It's like I'll feel badly that I wasn't ""chosen"" to have the honor of purchasing this.