Valued Contributor

Ever hear of Gigaset? I think I'll stick with my ipad.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought two of them....one for me...one for my granddaughter....I was reading up on this brand earlier today....only complaint was the speakers were tinny....I notice that Brett and Dan aren't letting us hear the sound...I am hoping it isn't too bad....

Valued Contributor
I heard that tinny sound, too. I hope when you get them home the sound will be great!
Esteemed Contributor

I would look at a 6"" Kindle. It has a 1 year warranty and tech support. Amazon has a payment plan for 1 device.

Contributor

This tablet has only 8gb of storage. About half of that will already have been used by the operating system and the usual preloaded Google apps. If you intend to download video you will need a micro SD card almost immediately. A 32gb card will add +/- $20 to the cost of your tablet. Also, this tablet is not able to upgrade to later versions of the android operating system and is not now running the most recent version. This tablet is not a good value.

Super Contributor
I've never heard of this brand! Like nutmeg3 said, try the kindle 6 inch. I just purchased this. After I bought mine my husband wanted one too! It's small, fits in your hand and very cute. It also does the job. I've used it for surfing, playing games, reading my books and watching videos. I noticed the sound is not great on everything. On some childrens games I got for my grandson the volume is extremely low as compared to my ipad and ipad mini, but I can watch stuff on hulu without an external speaker. Don't be afraid of the special offers, I think it's about $15 -20 cheaper if u opt for that. It's ads that you see when your kindle first comes on or wakes from sleep and it doesn't bother me at all. Once you swipe to get to your home screen, it's gone. I got mine on a payment plan, 20% up front (plus shipping), then the balance in four monthly payments. I love mine. I would go with a brand you know and trust. I'm sorry, I see some have already purchased these(gigaset). For those that have, I hope you love them!
Super Contributor

This tablet has the same specs as the Le Pan mini that was a TSV a while back. It even looks just like the Le Pan. Just has a different name. Not saying that's good or bad. Just thought it was interesting.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Occasional Contributor

I have purchase in the past D2 and Nobis....both lasted about 6 months. All of a sudden you can't log on...it just keeps trying and trying and trying. Read online this has become a big problem with these Android tablets. I searched online on how to fix this problem but nothing I did helped...just had to throw them away. Need a new tablet but have not purchased one. I loved the 9inch size of the Nobis and want one similar to that size. Just hate to put so much money to buy a good one but after throwing money away on cheap ones that don't last, going to have to break down and spend the money. Looking at Dell Venue as son has one and he is a computer person and chose this one and he likes the expandability of it. The trouble with the ones that I bought had pre established Google apps and these took up most of the 8 gb space and I was able to get rid of some but others I could not. Also it was set so these apps kept getting updates and this took more space...before I knew it all the space was gone and I had not even added more apps, music, pics...nothing!

Trusted Contributor
On 11/8/2014 circles said:

I bought two of them....one for me...one for my granddaughter....I was reading up on this brand earlier today....only complaint was the speakers were tinny....I notice that Brett and Dan aren't letting us hear the sound...I am hoping it isn't too bad....

I could hear the sound when they called the Tech Support gal and she didn't sound bad. Maybe for music and games it might not be the greatest but the Tech gal sounded just fine. Also when they asked google various questions, it didn't sound bad in responding.

It is a well established brand in Europe so it might be worth trying - always have the end of January to return. Dan mentioned that they are one of the largest cell phone companies in Europe too.

Esteemed Contributor

wackers...I heard that, too...was pleasantly surprised that the sound wasn't bad...I think my granddaughter and myself will be happy with this purchase...

I like that there will be tech support for a year...and that one time accident coverage...and the price, of course...(given my granddaughter lost the Nook I bought her, ugh)

forgot to say when I read up on this tablet it did say that Siemens was the phone company this company made....my first cell phone was a Siemens...best phone around at the time..then that line disappeared...that was years ago...