Contributor

Trouble with new LG41c phone

I've been trying for the past 8 hrs. to get my number & minutes ported over to the new phone and it hasn't happened yet. The old phone still works which means it hasn't been ported over. I have had Tracfones for years and the one last year only took about 10 minutes. It said on the website to call a number they gave in 24 hrs., if it hadn't ported, call from the new phone but there is no way to dial the number from the phone because there is no dial pad. Any ideas anybody? Could it be there are a lot of people trying to get there phones up and going since they sold about 30,000 of them? Maybe that's what's taking so long.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trouble with new LG41c phone

You may want to to Walmart and ask about this phone working in your area. I am sure you know this runs on the Verizon network. You may have a bad product.

Valued Contributor

Have you tried turning it off and back on again? I know there is also a number you have to dial to finish the programing on them once it shows it is getting a signal, I think it's *22890 to finish activating.

Frequent Contributor

I had another problem with this phone and was frustrated that I could never get a real person at Tracfone, so I called the QVC support number that came with the phone for the extra minutes and they couldn't help but did have a real Tracfone rep call me back that day. The problem was resolved. Perhaps you could do this too.
Super Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me - with a happy ending!

I called 1-800-867-7183 after waiting 24 hours. I called them on my old cell phone but you could call on a landline also. They manually ported my number to the new phone and added the minutes that came with the phone - all in 10 minutes!

Then they told me to hang up and finish the activation as per the instructions. They gave me a direct response phone number and reference number to call back when activation was confirmed and they then brought over all of my old minutes (over 5000!)

I was thrilled - thought I would have to wait for Monday. These operators are in the Phillipines and work until 11:45pm. They were wonderfully efficient.

Good luck...hope you have the same results.

Contributor

My phone I have now is a Tracfone on the Verizon network. I have turned it off and on several time and it still doesn't work. The number has not been ported over because my old phone still works. I am going to call the 800 number today. Thanks every one for your help.

Honored Contributor

It took me an entire day to get my old number ported over when I bought a new tracfone TSV last summer. It is very frustrating. Good luck. I'll never buy another new phone from QVC because of this. I believe I ended up calling QVC customer service who gave me a tech # to call and they got it done for me.

Honored Contributor

I've often called CS at Tracfone and never had a problem reaching someone or having my problem resolved. Call them!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I do not care for this phone. It has dropped calls twice in the three days I have had it up and running. Half the time, I am not sure if my texts are going through. QVC says any product can be returned until January 31st for a full refund. If I don't make friends with this phone by then, back it goes. I want to be sure to use all the minutes that were transferred from my old non-android phone, as it was not stated in their sales pitch that minutes cannot be transferred from droids to non smart phones.

Contributor

I finally got my phone up and going. I called Tracfone from my current Tracfone and she said she would call me back on my home phone when we hung up. Well, she never called back. I think that was her way of getting rid of me. Then I went to Tracfone website and did a chat with a guy there and in 5 mins. or less I was good to go. He knew what he was doing. Now I just have to learn how to use the phone. I have had tracfones for over 10 years and have never had so much trouble porting my number over. So far I love the phone.