Respected Contributor

Anyone having trouble with Words With Friends working correctly?

I got the new Kindle Fire 8.9" HDX and it will only partially load. I thought it was my HDX that might be faulty.

Today it only partially loads on my older Kindle Fire HD. Exactly the same as the HDX.

It still loads fine on my Samsung Note 3 phone.

Something is going on. I had called Amazon when it first happened and reported it. At the time of the report, I'm sure it was working on my HD.

Anyone else?

The games are listed, but the board is a gray blank space. I can't play at all. I have to play on my phone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone having trouble with Words With Friends working correctly?

last night everytime i tried to get on it via facebook on my laptop my entire screen would freeze and i had to do a reboot......tried 4 times and finally gave up! it is working fine on my phone though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Sunshine, thanks for your reply. I am kind of glad it quit working my my older KF HD. At least I know now that my new HDX is not defective. It for sure is a WWF problem I guess. I wonder if they did an update or something?

BTW, I don't play through Facebook. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 mima said:

Sunshine, thanks for your reply. I am kind of glad it quit working my my older KF HD. At least I know now that my new HDX is not defective. It for sure is a WWF problem I guess. I wonder if they did an update or something?

BTW, I don't play through Facebook. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

mima, It does make a difference whether you're using the mobile app or playing via the Facebook app. The fact that you can play on your phone (if it also is android) but not on the tablet sounds more like a problem with the app's compatibility with the tablet.

(WinkDisclaimer: I don't play the game, don't use any Facebook apps because of security issues, and I use Apple devices, so I can't try it out.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

It looks like their their Words With Friends Forum is pretty active and helpful:

link goes to: http://www.amazon.com/Zynga-Game-Network-Words-Friends/forum/Fx1CN2BFC182K4B/-/1?asin=B0064X7B4A

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

It's working fine on my iPad. I play from the WWF app, not through Facebook.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I only play it on my ipad and I haven't had problems. However, I haven't upgraded to their new version that came out last week, maybe its having problems.
Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 chessylady said: I only play it on my ipad and I haven't had problems. However, I haven't upgraded to their new version that came out last week, maybe its having problems.

i have the newest version of WWF on my facebook app.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 dooBdoo said:

It looks like their their Words With Friends Forum is pretty active and helpful:

link goes to: http://www.amazon.com/Zynga-Game-Network-Words-Friends/forum/Fx1CN2BFC182K4B/-/1?asin=B0064X7B4A

Yea, I went there. Couldn't really find a reason for my problem or a fix. Thanks anyway.

Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 10/29/2014 mima said:

mima, It does make a difference whether you're using the mobile app or playing via the Facebook app. The fact that you can play on your phone (if it also is android) but not on the tablet sounds more like a problem with the app's compatibility with the tablet.

(WinkDisclaimer: I don't play the game, don't use any Facebook apps because of security issues, and I use Apple devices, so I can't try it out.)

When I called Amazon, they actually connected me to their app dept. They said it was compatible. They were going to turn it over to their app/team? Whatever they called it. It did work before on my Kindle HD. Then of course when I got my new Kindle HDX it wouldn't work, so I thought the problme was just with the HDX. I was still using it on the HD. Now today it doesn't work on the HD either.

I wish someone with a Kindle HD or HDX would chime in whether theirs is working or not. I'd like to think I'm not the only one with the problem. If I'm the only one with the problem, it might not get resolved.

I even tried bringing it to work and using a different wifi system. That didn't help.

Thanks to all that posted.