Super Contributor

Anyone know if this is possible

I have a family plan through Att for our iPhones. My son just upgraded to the 6 plus. I have an iPhone 4 and he had the 5. He wants to give me his iphone 5 but it uses a different SIM card, much smaller. Does anyone know if Att will just sell me the SIM card or is this not possible? I know in the past, we have switched phones for upgrades say if my husband is eligible for uograde and I am not, we switch. Att does allow this. i hope I'm making myself clear here, im not trying to do anything against the rules and I will call Att and ask but I thought someone may know here. Thank you,
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know if this is possible

Have you called AT&T?

Honored Contributor

if you switch phones wont your info go to the new phone anyway, through your iTunes/Apple account.

I don't have ATT so I am just guessing.

wouldn't you just set up your son's old phone as your new one?

I would take both the phones to the ATT store and see what they say

Super Contributor

We've done this before. The problem this time is the SIM card. Pretty sure the sim is what holds all your information and the 4 sim won't fit into the iphone 5. Att does sell sim cards but not sure for this purpose. I think it's only for if you want to bring your own phone off contract, I am under contract until March. I guess I'll have to just call Att and find out.
Honored Contributor

Our plan is Verizon, and I'm interested in this exact question too.