Super Contributor
Anyone buy one of these? When these were first announced, I thought they looked so cute and they come in colors too! I've been checking amazon and yesterday I took the plunge. Amazon is now offering something similar to ez pay on their kindles. Twenty percent down and then 4 equal payments, no interest or fees, I just couldn't resist. Just wondering if anyone has purchased one and what they think. The reviews on amazon were pretty good but as I went back pages, (after I ordered) I saw a lot of not so great reviews. I already have an ipad 2 and ipad mini but this was irresistible to me for the price. Small, cute and pink!! I figured I can just use it for reading and playing a few games, Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who bought one.
Respected Contributor

I have the older HD and the newer HDX and comparing mine, the HDX runs much smoother and faster. Since you aren't buying the fastest/best model that Kindle has to offer, please don't compare it to your Ipad mini.

I do agree it is cute. I have a Samsung Note 3 which is 5.7" so I don't need another small tablet. I do prefer using my 7" HDX over my phone just because it is bigger.

Super Contributor
Thanks for your response, Mima! I think it's the size that enticed me, plus price and it comes in colors. Like I said, I have an ipad mini and I also have an iphone but only use the phone for texting and calls-- aging eyes! I think the size Is probably somewhere in between those which I think will be perfect. Looking forward to receiving this.
Esteemed Contributor

I've been looking at that particular Kindle for a while. I'm so anxious to hear what you think. Please post here? Thanks. The cost and size are really a hook for me. I have an older Kindle with the keyboard. Love it, use it all the time. Would like to be able to do more on it, though.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor
I own a few tablets, and a Kindle paperwhite. The only negative would be a 6 inch display. It would be a little hard to view Web pages.
Super Contributor
On 10/28/2014 MoJoV said:

I've been looking at that particular Kindle for a while. I'm so anxious to hear what you think. Please post here? Thanks. The cost and size are really a hook for me. I have an older Kindle with the keyboard. Love it, use it all the time. Would like to be able to do more on it, though.

I definitely will post here MoJoV! I too like the cost and when I saw the special offer to pay it off in four months I lost my self control! I guess it's not as good as the iPad mini but I'm not even sure what that means. If I can play my games and read on it, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy. Nutmeg3- the size was part of the reason I wanted it. A 6 inch screen, bigger than my phone but smaller that iPad mini. I looked at the iPhone plus and I liked the size for a smaller tablet but not as a phone. Somehow I cannot see myself talking on that. I guess it's good for the younger generation who don't do mich talking, only texting
Super Contributor
ignore
Super Contributor

I actually got the Fire HD 7 in Magenta and really like it. I have a Paperwhite, a couple of Nooks, an iPad 3 and my iPhone but wanted the HD 7 to travel with instead of carrying my iPad all the time. The Fire does pretty good for an android tablet. I'm an apple girl and love my apple products but thought I'd take the plunge with the Fire. The only complaint I've had so far was trying to get on-line at the hotel last weekend. I had a hard time with it but it could be where the wifi was actually placed at the hotel - I couldn't connect to wifi with my iPhone either. I turn the light down on the tablet if I'm going to be reading in the dark, which I like to do before going to bed, and have to actually turn it up some when I'm in certain artificial lighted areas.

The camera did pretty good with pictures that I took over the weekend. I can't wait to take it on my next trip in a couple of weeks and see how video will turn out.

One thing I really like about the tablet is that things go to the cloud and you need to download them onto the device. I just have to make sure I have enough books downloaded before taking a trip.

I hope you enjoy your Fire HD 6!

Super Contributor
Thank you Hfpint for all the info!
Super Contributor
I think I will probably end up getting one of these. After I lost my original Kindle Fire while on vacation, my friend gave me hers to borrow. I only use it for reading, not for web browsing, so I think the 6" size will be fine. I'm going to wait for Black Friday and make sure I don't find any better deals. I don't expect I will, but since I don't need it this minute I'm willing to wait.