Esteemed Contributor

I've had my Sanyo 26" t.v. for 30 years - and this weekend the audio went out. My neighbor checked it and said, "it's gone". I now need to buy a new, flat screen tv and thought I would check out Costco. I'm electronically-challenged, so I just want it for the tv - maybe a 45". Any suggestions for brand, etc. Somewhere around $500/$600.

Trusted Contributor
We just got a new 39 inch Samsung for the bedroom at Costco Was only $320. Great picture, easy set up. Would recommend the brand
Honored Contributor

"I've had my Sanyo 26" t.v. for 30 years - and this weekend the audio went out. My neighbor checked it and said, "it's gone". I now need to buy a new, flat screen tv and thought I would check out Costco. I'm electronically-challenged, so I just want it for the tv - maybe a 45". Any suggestions for brand, etc. Somewhere around $500/$600."

kivah,

Check this link. Don't think you will find a better price for this much TV.

Good Buy for a TV

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor
I checked John's link and it looks like a good deal. Do you have wireless internet in your home?
Honored Contributor

I would go to Costco as well

there are 2 coupons in the new book but they are for bigger TVs

Trusted Contributor

I have a Samsung 48"" we bought at Best Buy.

I am happy with the set and the delivery set up by Best Buy. It was a dry day yet they put disposable booties over their shoes before entering my home. Was impressed as I have had delivery men track wet and dirty feet on occasion.

Honored Contributor

My brother, who worked for Panasonic for 35 years doing mostly TV seminars all over the world, once told me that all brands use the same manufacturers for parts. Therefore, get the TV that appeals to you visually. As long as you don't buy the cheapest (which will have the cheapest parts), you will get the same quality whichever brand you buy.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

The one in John's link looks like a good deal - LG is a good brand. You can also check Walmart on line. They have a lot of electronics on line that they don't carry in their stores, for really good prices. I've purchased two televisions from Walmart on line. You can have it delivered to a store near you for free.

Respected Contributor

R.I.P.

Respected Contributor
On 10/27/2014 hckynut said:

"I've had my Sanyo 26" t.v. for 30 years - and this weekend the audio went out. My neighbor checked it and said, "it's gone". I now need to buy a new, flat screen tv and thought I would check out Costco. I'm electronically-challenged, so I just want it for the tv - maybe a 45". Any suggestions for brand, etc. Somewhere around $500/$600."

kivah,

Check this link. Don't think you will find a better price for this much TV.

Good Buy for a TV

That looks like a nice TV. I've been in the market for one for a while. No rush as the one I'm replacing (big old square on in bedroom) is still working.

I always check to see if it is cheaper on amazon and it is the same price, but with 2 day free shipping for Prime members. At the time I looked at John's link there were only 11 left, so I thought I'd mention an alternative place to get that TV.

I think I want a Samsung, but will read reviews on this one and may change my mind.