Honored Contributor

I am in the middle of purchasing a mini 2 with retina display, 32g, but I wanted to know from any of you that have experience with both full-size and mini, what is your experience, especially with comfort and watching YouTube. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help. IPad Mini or IPad?

I have the Air and love it!!

Honored Contributor

Is the screen size the same as the mini? Is it easy to hold for long periods?
Honored Contributor

I have an iPad Air AND a mni, and for general purposes, I think they are about the same. I keep a lot of notes on my "big" iPad, and if a good music app comes out I'll need the space for it, but my mini is fine for surfing, email, and photos. Just determine your own needs before you buy.
Honored Contributor

Violann, how do you store your notes? Why would a person need both the Air and the mini? Can't you just put everything on your mini? Please help, I have a mini in my shopping cart, and I do not want to make the wrong choice.

Honored Contributor

Hi Mindy- I use the little notepad on the homescreen. Look for the little yellow icon that looks like a yellow notepad. It doesn't work to keep a short story, but for thoughts, short ideas, etc. serves me perfectly. By the way, Iwould NOT BUY A 16 gb iPad again, would want at least 32 gb.
Honored Contributor

My suggestion is to go to a retail store, the Apple store or Best Buy and see them in person. No one can made this decision for you. Also, I wouldn't buy one from QVC. They don't sell the newest models.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I have a iPad 4. I do not own a mini, but a Samsung Galaxy PRO 8.4 tablet. I enjoy both devices. I watch videos, write posts, read emails. The only thing my Android tablets won't do is play Amazon videos, because there isn't an app. I would buy an iPad Air first and then a mini.
Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 jaxs mom said:

My suggestion is to go to a retail store, the Apple store or Best Buy and see them in person. No one can made this decision for you. Also, I wouldn't buy one from QVC. They don't sell the newest models.

This. Decide in person what size you're comfortable with. If you want to buy online, do it after you try it out, first.

I'm not buying a new iPhone this year, but I'm going to go into a store and play with both new iPhone 6 models to help me decide which size I want next year.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/27/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 10/27/2014 jaxs mom said:

This. Decide in person what size you're comfortable with. If you want to buy online, do it after you try it out, first.

I'm not buying a new iPhone this year, but I'm going to go into a store and play with both new iPhone 6 models to help me decide which size I want next year.

I like the idea of taking a tablet on a test drive in a phone store. You have an Internet connection.