Respected Contributor

Unable to install Adobe Flashplayer

It keeps saying" flash player out of date" so I followed the instructions as it said and it still won't install. I don't even know what do to. Anyone else have this problem? How did you finally install it?

Respected Contributor

Re: Unable to install Adobe Flashplayer

Im having the same problem. It won't install. It looks like the real deal, hope its not a scam. I have a Mac

Honored Contributor

I have had the same problem. It also wants to install "Delta" which I DO NOT WANT. So, I have "done without" all of it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I had the same problem forever! I tried to install and it went through all the stuff, then said you are not the authorized person!!! YES, I AM! G'son looked at it and got "already installed"????? What's going on?

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Did you go to this site?

Adobe Flashplayer

Honored Contributor

Also you may have to go into your browser on the ribbon and get out of it, not just "close" it. With Safari you have to do that. You may think you've closed it otherwise.

Valued Contributor

To resolve this on a Mac press Command + alt + esc. This will show a pop up bar with all the programs that are running still. Click on Safari and press Force Quit. Hope this was helpful
This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Respected Contributor

Depending on your computer you may need to uninstall the original version of flash player before installing the newest one. I have to work with computers at my job a lot and have had this issue with flash player before. Go to control panel and go to Programs and Features (or something similarly titled) then do a left click on flash player and uninstall the program. Then try installing the new version.

When I update at work flash player usually has the option to install McAfee virus protection with it, so make sure you uncheck that box before installing if you don't want that.

Honored Contributor

I just hope you're not clicking on stuff that you are not absolutely certain is a legitimate update. There is that scam out there that looks like it is telling you to update Adobe.

When in doubt, just do as Gail mentioned and go to the Adobe website and install the current version from there. I've never had that go badly.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/26/2014 glb613 said:

Did you go to this site?

Adobe Flashplayer

Thank you it worked for this link on my desktop. I had a problem trying to install Flash Player on my laptop yesterday. I will try later.