Super Contributor

When I open the "download here" button, it takes me to another screen that says download here. I click that and it takes me back to a screen I have already been on. Can someone tell me where the real "DOWNLOAD" button is.

I'm going in circles.

Respected Contributor

Are you going through the App store?

Super Contributor
On 10/25/2014 glb613 said:

Are you going through the App store?

Yes. I put in my ID and password and got the note saying that I have ""not used that information in the App store before"". I don't know what that means. There was no explanation. Am I supposed to buy something else before I can download for free. LOL

I'm going to take it to the Apple Store and let them do it. This is getting to be ridiculous.

Super Contributor
Are you signed in to the App Store? Go to main App Store page, and look on the right, click on sign in (if not). Also, although you have an Apple ID, do you have it set up for purchases? Have you ever purchased, books, music, or apps with that ID before? Of not, you need to set that up with your ID,,which means you need to provide credit card information on your ID account details. You will not be charged for anything that is free, but the credit card information needs to be listed on your account to download anything from iTunes, iBooks, or the App Store. Of course, the same ID and account information works across all three because it's all linked together.
Esteemed Contributor

Do we really need this (Yosemite)? I'm a bit irritated with the software engineers right now. Glitches seem common. The hardware runs like a beast but doesn't seem entirely compatible with the latest and greatest OS. The market share is captured - it seems to me there is some thoughtlessness in the testing phase, for the many that have "old" technology (three years!).

At over a grand for a laptop I expect a little more synchronicity.

"Sent from my early 2011 MacBook Pro"

Data transferred from an older iPhone to my newest model now seems to present problems under the latest and greatest iOS. Corrupt data is a PIA. I do not enjoy the puzzle of trying to figure out a system that was intended to be "easy".

Please correct me if I am wrong and I will take another stab.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Well I haven't had any problems at all with my yosemite upgrade, I also haven't had any compatibility issues with my other software programs not from Apple. I wanted messages to back, because I got so used to it when I was running the beta version. Plus the improved integration with ipad and iphone will be very nice. If only I could get my iphone 6 plus already so I could test it out. My current phone won't run IOS 8.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I haven't had any problems either.

Respected Contributor
On 10/25/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

Do we really need this (Yosemite)? I'm a bit irritated with the software engineers right now. Glitches seem common. The hardware runs like a beast but doesn't seem entirely compatible with the latest and greatest OS. The market share is captured - it seems to me there is some thoughtlessness in the testing phase, for the many that have "old" technology (three years!).

At over a grand for a laptop I expect a little more synchronicity.

"Sent from my early 2011 MacBook Pro"

Data transferred from an older iPhone to my newest model now seems to present problems under the latest and greatest iOS. Corrupt data is a PIA. I do not enjoy the puzzle of trying to figure out a system that was intended to be "easy".

Please correct me if I am wrong and I will take another stab.

. I couldn't get it to download on my MB Pro 2011 either so I stopped the download. Then I checked and there were problems. I am going to wait for a couple of months, then I will check and see if they have fixed it for everybody. And I didn't download iOS 8 for my ipad either because there were lots of reports that it slowed them down. I have an ipad 2. I think if they haven't beta tested all of their machines they should just say the update is not for you. Just like Apple Pay only will work starting with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus.

Super Contributor
I think they are having problems with the OS upgrades recently because they are pushing to be on this annual release schedule. Not sure why they feel that releasing upgrades annually is important. Most users I know (myself included) don't need that much change that often. I think instead of doing upgrades for both OS annually, they should move to every-other year, and alternate the OS that is being upgraded. This way at least one OS is being upgraded annually, but would also give their programmers 2 years to really work through coding and fully test for bugs. The last two years have been horrible with the amount of bugs in their OS releases, and they have frustrated long time Apple fans to the point of pushing them away. Seriously, if I am going to have to deal with problems, I might as well spend less to buy other cheaper brands. I moved away from them to Apple because I didn't want to deal with problems, and now Apple is proving to be no different. Apple should be ashamed of theirselves, they can do much better than this (because they already have in the past).