Super Contributor

iMac question: What happened to my email??

The other day I clicked on my Trash folder to find a photo that I forgot to save to my iPhoto. So after I saved it, I clicked on the Inbox tab then the Mailbox tab to close that side panel. Turns out that my emails are now coming into what WAS my Trash folder - and that's my 'new' Inbox. What happened to my old Inbox....where the emails I hadn't acted on yet still are??? I closed the Mail program hoping that I'd begin again in my actual INbox - but nope, I'm still stuck in my old Trash folder.

What the??????

TIA!!

Super Contributor

Re: iMac question: What happened to my email??

bump - anyone??

Esteemed Contributor

Hi dionline ... did your problem start after you downloaded Yosemite? After I downloaded Yosemite I was not able to send any mail. I could receive it but not send. So I called Apple (I have AppleCare for my MacBook Pro) and was talked through some steps. The problem was resolved. So, if you downloaded Yosemite that may be the cause of your problem. I had read on the Apple Support Community that many people were having different issues after downloading Yosemite ..... several related to Mail. Try calling Apple. They have the best support team/customer service. HTH, Maria

Super Contributor

Yep, downloaded it last weekend. Great. But thanks very much for the insight as to why this may have happened. Hopefully they'll download an update to resolve this!!!

Super Contributor

Not sure what that problem is a result of. Very strange. As other poster suggested, if you have Apple Care,,or still within the free care period through recent purchase, call Apple. They are so great and helpful. Or you can always go to an Apple Store with your computer and have a Genius look at it with you. Genius at Apple Store is free, and doesn't require Apple Care. If Apple Store Genius route is your preference I suggest making an appointment online. While they will help you as walk in, they can be very busy, and it may be a long wait to see someone. With an appointment made beforehand, they meet with you as soon as possible upon your arrival.
Super Contributor

Oh, duh, just realized it's for an iMac....Apple Store may not be the best option,,lol. Unless you feel like bringing the whole computer in. Call Apple Care! They will help.
Respected Contributor

This is exactly why I am not downloading either Yosemite or iOS 8 probably for months. They are Beta testing on their customers in my opinion. So I will just wait until everybody else finishes telling them what is wrongmwith their two products.
Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 Shawnie said: This is exactly why I am not downloading either Yosemite or iOS 8 probably for months. They are Beta testing on their customers in my opinion. So I will just wait until everybody else finishes telling them what is wrongmwith their two products.
I agree with you. I've been holding off on both too. Then when they released 8.1 and Yosemite this week, initial user reports said everything was fine and 8.1 made things better. I was planning to do both upgrades this weekend. Well, now I see all kinds of user problems being reported from both. I will continue to hold off. Which is disappointing for me, because I am really excited to use the features they demo with these upgrades.
Super Contributor

I like the differences I see with Yosemite. I'm only hoping they're working diligently to get the bugs out since it's obvious I'm not the only one with this problem...

Trusted Contributor

I'm sick to death of Apple and their updates. Mavericks completely messed up my iMac. No way I'm downloading Yosemite.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"