Respected Contributor
I received my HP tablet that was the TSV on HSN the past week. The tablet is very nice and has a nice large screen. I also purchased the HP case and that fit perfectly and well made. I don't like the Android/Google system as well as my Apple system products. I am going to return the tablet and the case. It was sent UPS ground and ended up coming the last day through the post office mail. I called HSN and they said they sent it UPS and UPS decides if they will deliver it or the post office. If I pay for UPS I expect UPS to deliver it to me. HSN said they had no control over it. Times sure are changing. If you like the Android tablets this may work well for you.
Super Contributor
Thanks for sharing your experience. Did the tablet seem to run fast? Understanding you said you like Apple better, wondering if you had not had Apple experience before, would this tablet had worked for your needs? Oh...I hate that UPS to USPS handoff stuff. Not sure why this is in place. My local post office and the mail people that deliver to my house are the laziest people I have ever seen. They will make any excuse to not deliver for me. When I see something got handed off to USPS it could be several more days until I ever see it delivered to my house. That's if they don't just auto return it to the sender telling them my package was undeliverable for some stupid reason. That's happened several times already, grrrrr. I agree with you, if I pay for UPS I should get the benefit of them taking it all the way to my front door. I've never had any problems with UPS deliveries
Respected Contributor

The tablet runs about 1-2 seconds when going screen to screen. That's not a problem. I hate you can not sign out of Google at all. I have been on my Gmail and there is no place to sign out and it states you must be signed in at all times or delete the Google account. I will factory reset the tablet before sending back. If you have ordered it give it a chance for yourself as my opinion is just my opinion.

It is a nice tablet-just not for me. it is a great first tablet or a second tablet for most. The Android operating system fills the storage up too fast for me. If this had 2 GB ram and at least 32GB of memory already installed as well as the memory card slot it may be more suited for most. The camera was ok and the apps are clear on the screen and easy to read.

Super Contributor
On 10/25/2014 MKR NY said:

The tablet runs about 1-2 seconds when going screen to screen. That's not a problem. I hate you can not sign out of Google at all. I have been on my Gmail and there is no place to sign out and it states you must be signed in at all times or delete the Google account. I will factory reset the tablet before sending back. If you have ordered it give it a chance for yourself as my opinion is just my opinion.

It is a nice tablet-just not for me. it is a great first tablet or a second tablet for most. The Android operating system fills the storage up too fast for me. If this had 2 GB ram and at least 32GB of memory already installed as well as the memory card slot it may be more suited for most. The camera was ok and the apps are clear on the screen and easy to read.

Thanks for providing your additional insight.
Respected Contributor

Reviews are now being posted on HSN on the HP tablet now and all are good so far. I guess once you use an Apple product you get spoiled at the ease of use and speed. I know Apple products are expensive but the HP tablet is one of the better non-Apple tablets I have tried.

I decided to buy an iPad Air 2 for my second tablet. My iPad 4 I have has always been dependable and I never had one problem with it. I have not upgraded from 7 with Apple updates to the new 8. They need a few more fixes before I upgrade and mess up what I have working fine now.

Super Contributor
Most people who bought that HP tablet will only be happy with it if it is their very first tablet. 16 GB of storage with no ability to install and run apps from the SD card is just not enough room for apps...especially if any games are installed. I feel bad for the people who bought this based on the presentation from HSN which failed to mention how little storage for installing and running apps was really available.
Esteemed Contributor
On 10/25/2014 ThinkOutsideTheBox said: Most people who bought that HP tablet will only be happy with it if it is their very first tablet. 16 GB of storage with no ability to install and run apps from the SD card is just not enough room for apps...especially if any games are installed. I feel bad for the people who bought this based on the presentation from HSN which failed to mention how little storage for installing and running apps was really available.

Most Android tablet or cellphones have 16 GB of storage and an SD card slot. I have an Samsung tablet with 70 apps on it and 11GB of storage left. I have a Samsung phone with 170 apps and 21GB free from 32GB total. If a person needs storage Google gives folks 15GB of storage free with an account. My Samsung Galaxy pro tab came with 50GB of free Dropbox storage for two years.

I use a CleanMaster app to keep the junk files away, and to clear the RAM. You also have the option of disabling some stock apps.

You may want to look at reviews on Best Buy for the Samsung pro tab,and Tab S products.

Super Contributor
Nutmeg, I was not talking about storage. I was talking about the inability with the KitKat Android OS or later not allowing you to install and run apps from the SD card. This is a different and very necessary function with a tablet or device that only has 16 GB of its own onboard "memory". Apps can be installed and run from the SD cards on devices with KitKat or newer ONLY if the app is written to allow this (rare so far), AND you "root" the device in question. This is not a good option for someone who expects to use the heck out of their device, trying new apps out often, and trying to maintain a stable of productivity and fitness apps, as well as games. If someone is only going to listen to music, read, and work with email on the device, then this will probably be fine.