Esteemed Contributor

Any One Here Have Problems with AT&T U-Verse On Demand?

Sometimes my On Demand works fine on my tv and other times I get the temporarily unavailable message and other times it only partially works as in not all of the selections will load on the tv screen. This morning for example Recommended show selections will come up to choose from but when I scroll down to Free Shows I get nothing on the screen. Anyone else have this problem?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any One Here Have Problems with AT&T U-Verse On Demand?

I guess nobody else here has AT&T U-verse but anyway after a day of getting an error code while trying to access On Demand I did some googling and found out what's going on. AT&T has officially been taken over by Frontier today and some changes are being made so it's a temporary thing. Just saying...on the off chance sometime during tonight someone should happen to see my post and say "oh hey me too". I did first call AT&T....geez louise why can't you get a live person to talk to these days, it's just too weird talking to and answering the questions of a disembodied voice and following it's instructions of do this, say yes if you see such and on your screen, now do this...and blah blah blah. Don't know why they can't just have a recording saying "Your On Demand problem is temporary as Frontier takes over your service and is making some changes" instead of putting you thru all kinds of tests on your tv.

Regular Contributor

Frontier only took over AT&T Wireline in Connecticut. I am in the Midwest and have Uverse and never had any of the problems shaggygirl has encountered.

Respected Contributor

I hate AT&T Uverse. As soon as I'm able I'm getting rid of it. We have had so many problems with it, including On Demand

Contributor

It was on the news in Nashville tonight that the President of the United States had taken over ATT Uverse this morning. This is so interesting. WKRN TV said ATT blamed it on a local disk jockey, Bobbie Bones. LOL

http://www.wkrn.com/story/26886059/glitch-on-bobby-bones-show-may-have-caused-u-verse-error

Super Contributor

I have Uverse and this morning there was a big red banner Emergency System from the White House and it switched my tv to a local channel and wouldn't allow me to switch it back. Lasted a few hours.

Esteemed Contributor

Oddly enough after I had spent mucho time googling for answers then going through the motions with the robo voice at at&t which included my boxes being remotely rebooted then doing more googling then rebooting my boxes individually myself then more googling where I finally found the answer, who comes ringing my doorbell but a Comcast rep who was going door to door to former Comcast customers with his spiel to switch back. A lower price, a warning that our bills are going to go sky high with Frontier once we're past our introductory offers we got from AT&T when they came through the neighborhood a couple of years ago and so forth. I did set up an appointment with him for Monday just to hear what he has to say. But they all reel you in with great beginning offers and over time the cost goes up up up. I don't deal well with change plus I hate having someone in every room in the house having to move things and doing "stuff". I told him I wasn't going to promise him I'd switch but was willing to listen. Later in the evening I found out that my brother-in-law and one son who lives out of town (both here in CT) who also have AT&T uverse were having the same On Demand issues I was having. Wish I had talked to them earlier in the day, then I would have known it wasn't just my house and my problem and I wouldn't have wasted so much time trying to figure it out.

Super Contributor

Wow shaggygirl, sorry you are having such an issue with your U-verse service. I have had U-verse for over 4 years and love it. No On Demand problems whatsoever. I even enjoy using it on my tracfone. Works well throughout the house, and we have several tv's connected to the system. Hope you can work it out with AT&T and not have to switch to Comcast. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Well the bottom line is that it should be okay soon. From what I understand now Frontier Communications which took over AT&T service here in Ct as of yesterday is changing things up a bit including the way On Demand works. Other than that the tv has been fine. It all started yesterday morning when I tried using On Demand to watch Survivor which I missed this week and forgot to record and started seeing all sorts of error messages and I got ticked off and thought I was going to need a tech to come to the house. Just tried it a few min ago and now there is some other error code message but at least it's a different one so I'm guessing it's in the works to be up and running soon.