Honored Contributor

Is any on having issue with Yahoo e mail on their I phone

I upgraded to 8.1 last week and all of a sudden this morning I can not access my Yahoo e mail on my phone. I have had this e mail for 15 years and it the only one I use.

Uggh not sure what to do now.

This has been a week of computer issues Smiley Sad

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Re: Is any on having issue with Yahoo e mail on their I phone

I have 2 email accounts on my phone and both are working well after the upgrade. I don't use Yahoo, though. I wonder if got "turned off" during the upgrade process? Did you go into settings...then mail to make sure that account is turned on?

If you do not see the yahoo account in your settings I would just "add" it again.

Maybe someone else might have a suggestion for you..

Honored Contributor

It worked fine for a few days and all of a sudden this nothing. I get the alerts but I can not see the e mails Smiley Sad

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

hmm. Well does it show up in your settings? I wonder if you could just delete the account in settings then 'add"" the account again. Though I would wait to see if someone else might have an idea..

Is your mail Icon still on your phone??

Valued Contributor

This is perplexing. Maybe try, what I think is a spotlight search. Swipe down on your phone and a search bar should be available at the top...type in mail?

Valued Contributor

Although I don't use Yahoo mail, I know it's having problems today, as they often do. To check to see if it's yahoo's problem or yours, you can always go here. Two colleagues recently left yahoo mail because of the continual problems that never get resolved. You might consider moving to a more reliable email service.

Trusted Contributor

I know two people who have complained they are locked out of their Yahoo email accounts on their computers. One individual called tech support at Yahoo and did a 'refresh' and lost several programs which had to be re-installed.

Valued Contributor

It does look as though there are a lot of compaints about Yahoo Mail today.

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

hmm. Well does it show up in your settings? I wonder if you could just delete the account in settings then 'add"" the account again. Though I would wait to see if someone else might have an idea..

Is your mail Icon still on your phone??

Not working I tried that and now after reading what others have said I wish I did not delete it

Valued Contributor

Did you try to ""Add"" the account back on your device?