Respected Contributor

Did anyone recieve their new 8.9" Kindle HDX yet? Delivered Oct. 21?

I was so mad at myself that I didn't preorder earlier so I could get it Oct. 21. My ship date was Nov. 14th. Well low and behold, I got a text this morning that it is going to be delivered today! I can't wait.

Just wondered what you thought of it? I'll report back when I get mine!!!

I think I'll go see if there are any reviews on it yet.

Super Contributor

Re: Did anyone recieve their new 8.9"" Kindle HDX yet? Delivered Oct. 21?

I think this tablet has been out on Amazon for over a year. What was QVC offering? Is it a new model? Or did they offer some accessories?
Respected Contributor

On 10/23/2014 Nikalette said: I think this tablet has been out on Amazon for over a year. What was QVC offering? Is it a new model? Or did they offer some accessories?

No it is the brand new one from Amazon, not from QVC. It was being released/delivered Oct. 21, 2014. I figured some people have gotten theirs already.

Honored Contributor

What is new about it? Are they still making the HD versions? I am very confused about the product line. I have a small HDX I got on black Friday last year.

Respected Contributor

Well, I checked out some of the reviews. A lot of them are from people reviewing last years model and a lot of them are from non-purchasers. So the ratings are unfair, as usual. Here is the one I'm talking about just released.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HCNHDN0/ref=nav_shopall_k_hdx89

Esteemed Contributor

I have last year's 8.1 (love love). This new version is 4x faster, a bit thinner and has an integrated Bluetooth keyboard available.
Respected Contributor

On 10/23/2014 Sooner said:

What is new about it? Are they still making the HD versions? I am very confused about the product line. I have a small HDX I got on black Friday last year.

The smaller HDX model is the same as last years. There isn't a new 2014 model of the 7"".

There is a new 2014 model 8.9"" HDX. It was released two days ago. I'm getting mine today.

And yes they still have the HD versions also.

I wish they would have named this new model (8.9 HDX) a different name. People are reviewing last years model on the one that was just released two days ago.

They have last years 8.9 HDX on sale for $30 off. So people are buying that one and putting the reviews on the new model.

I agree it is confusing!

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 mima said:

Well, I checked out some of the reviews. A lot of them are from people reviewing last years model and a lot of them are from non-purchasers. So the ratings are unfair, as usual. Here is the one I'm talking about just released.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HCNHDN0/ref=nav_shopall_k_hdx89

Sorry, I misread this and my original statements were incorrect.

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 Nikalette said: I think this tablet has been out on Amazon for over a year. What was QVC offering? Is it a new model? Or did they offer some accessories?

Sorry, I misread the OP and my original statements were incorrect. QVC offered the older HDX at the smaller 7" size, not the 8.9.

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 mima said:
On 10/23/2014 Sooner said:

The smaller HDX model is the same as last years. There isn't a 2014 model of the 7"".

There is a new 2014 model 8.9"" HDX. It was released two days ago. I'm getting mine today.

And yes they still have the HD versions also.

I wish they would have named this new model (8.9 HDX) a different name. People are reviewing last years model on the one that was just released two days ago.

They have last years 8.9 HDX on sale for $30 off. So people are buying that one and putting the reviews on the new model.

I agree it is confusing!

THANKS for cleaning up a very unclear situation! You are the Queen of Fire! LOL!!!!