Trusted Contributor
I don't know how many here remember Bobbye. I ran across her obit on Tampa Bay Times. Her name is Myldred Laundry "Bobbye" Blackburn. She died September 13, 2014 Bobbye was quite active on electronics thread as well as others She kept the bbs lively for sure. Thought some of you old timers like me would like to know
Trusted Contributor
I should have added that she was also known as Nanny Bear
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for letting us know, Yock! I didn't interact with her much, if any, on the boards but I know she was here and extremely active from practically the beginning!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Here is the obit:

Nannybear

Honored Contributor
Thanks for posting this and Gail, thanks for posting the obit. She was also very helpful and friendly to me. May she rest in peace.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the information. Yes, I remember her very well. I found her to be very helpful to many.

Also, wanted to say thanks to Gail for the link to the her obit.

Trusted Contributor
Thanks Gail. I didn't know how to post the link.
Honored Contributor

Wow. I posted in VP. I remember Bobbye from ShopTalk.

I just looked at the obit. I'm not sure if that pic is current or older but she was quite lovely. I didn't know she was only 78. For some reason, I had the idea that she was elderly way back when I first started on the boards back in 1995. Not sure why I thought that.

My thoughts go out to her family.

Respected Contributor
Thanks for posting this, YOCK! I do remember her from the boards! Seems like it's been a long time since I've seen any of her posts.
Respected Contributor
On 10/23/2014 yock said: Thanks Gail. I didn't know how to post the link.

It's really easy. Highlight the web address and copy it, click on reply or start a new discussion so you have a place to post, type what you want it to say in the box (like Bobbye's obit), highlight what you just wrote, click on the link icon(next to the one that's broken/second from the right) and paste the address you copied in the line Link URL then insert.