Super Contributor

Sideloading apps to my Kindle

Has anyone sideloaded apps to their Kindle? I'm still wrestling as to whether I like the Kindle or not. I'm LOVING the Le Pan, but it's bulky and I can't find a nice cover or skin (or, and the speaker is rather tinny). If I'm successful at sideloading apps on the Kindle, that will be the deciding factor for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sideloading apps to my Kindle

Does side loading apps compromise the warranty on your Kindle? There should be much information about side loading etc online.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sideloading apps to my Kindle

I have not, but here's a good "how-to" you can check out. I'll probably give this a try.

The Le Pan I bought has had all kinds of trouble recently. Last week it took 3 days to charge while it was plugged in all the time. After that, it charged but the charged dropped from 47% to 0% and it powered itself off. I had it plugged in for 3 more days and couldn't even get it to boot up so that I could delete my data. I was planning to return it when the other night I heard a buzz and noticed it was back on and had posted a Twitter notification. I don't know how it turned itself on. It's going back because it's unreliable junk. I'm definitely keeping the Kindle HDX.