Contributor

There are two new phones on the tracfone website, both androids. LG with 4.5 in screen and Alcatel with 5 in screen. I wonder when Q or HSN will put them on air. They usually have the best bundle deals.

Respected Contributor

DH and I have Tracfones. Is there any such thing as a "smart" Tracfone? Ours can send texts, take photos, but that's about it. I'd like to have one that has to ability to go on-line, but I do not want to have a contract.

Thanks!

Contributor

All the androids have internet access. Currently I have the Galaxy Centura but it's buggy and I'm itching for a new tracfone. I'm just going to wait and see if Q comes up with a decent bundle on the new phones.

Respected Contributor
Thanks for the heads up. I always buy Tracfone and currently have the LG840G and it is a great phone. I would like a bigger screen. The new Android ones have a front and rear cameras. I will watch QVC and HSN for a special deal as Christmas season deals will be coming. I never have not been able to get a call or make one.
Honored Contributor
On 10/21/2014 di-mc said:

DH and I have Tracfones. Is there any such thing as a "smart" Tracfone? Ours can send texts, take photos, but that's about it. I'd like to have one that has to ability to go on-line, but I do not want to have a contract.

Thanks!

My wife used TracFone, like myself, for years. Then she got into texting and that led to the minutes not being enough without adding more and more and more.

She bought a Samsung Galaxy SII from hsn that has Virgin Mobile no contract plan. This one comes with this per month: Talk time:300 min/Unlimited Text/Unlimited Data. This costs her $35 + some other fees, which comes to about $37.50 per month. She moved up to the $45 plan because the 300 talk time was not enough per month for her.

While she was in the hospital I bought her a Samsung Galaxy SIII from hsn. She has not activated it yet since the Virgin Mobile is good for about 2 more weeks. She had 60 days to activate the SIII.

That no contract is with Sprint Network. For $35 per month it has: Unlimited Talk Time/Unlimited Text/1gb Data. It came with the top tier which is Unlimited Everything with is $55 per month. So her first month is free and she can see how much data she uses and go from there. We think she can get by with the $35 per month plan as much of her "data usage" is via Wi-fi, which does not count as data usage per month.

Phone delivered was $179. Take away the $55 it came with and that makes it about $125 which I thought would be a nice coming home gift for her.

Probably not for you but I thought I would throw this up there. I have the Samsung Centura which I bought quite awhile back from hsn. Buying a new phone is cheaper than adding 12 months service, so I have always gone with the next phone.

Think it was $79.99 and came with 1200 text/1200 data/1200 talk. Added to my remaining and I have over 4000 of each. Don't use it for much other than keeping the time of night at my adult league hockey games. It is considered a "smart phone" and does have apps and I have used it to test the online features. They all work fine, but I ain't into any type of mobile online/text or talk stuff. I prefer using a phone to talk and my computer for computer things.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

The LG optima is a true "smart phone" - an upgrade from the 840g. It is certainly not anywhere near a iphone or the samsung galaxy 5 but it is a great way to explore if you think a smart phone is a good investment for you, at a fraction of the price of a iphone or a samsung.

Esteemed Contributor

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/2014/06/samsung-galaxy-ace-style-s765c-coming.html

This phone has a higher level of the Android OS. You want to check online for reviews.

Super Contributor
On 10/21/2014 happy housewife said:

The LG optima is a true "smart phone" - an upgrade from the 840g. It is certainly not anywhere near a iphone or the samsung galaxy 5 but it is a great way to explore if you think a smart phone is a good investment for you, at a fraction of the price of a iphone or a samsung.

The LG Optimus Dynamic II is another great option for the money! Smile

Super Contributor
On 10/21/2014 nutmeg3 said:

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/2014/06/samsung-galaxy-ace-style-s765c-coming.html

This phone has a higher level of the Android OS. You want to check online for reviews.

Interesting to see if it shows up soon in Tracfone selections. I called HSN because my 20% off coupon didn't work on the LG Optimus Dynamic II. The rep hinted that an electronic TS is planned for 10/26 and 10/30...could it be the LG? The question is do I want to stay with Tracfone! I have a Galaxy Centura and get a black screen when on the phone and nothing I do seems to get me to any live screen! Its really too small for my needs and the Optimus is only a skotch larger.

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/21/2014 moonstone dunes said:
On 10/21/2014 nutmeg3 said:

Interesting to see if it shows up soon in Tracfone selections. I called HSN because my 20% off coupon didn't work on the LG Optimus Dynamic II. The rep hinted that an electronic TS is planned for 10/26 and 10/30...could it be the LG? The question is do I want to stay with Tracfone! I have a Galaxy Centura and get a black screen when on the phone and nothing I do seems to get me to any live screen! Its really too small for my needs and the Optimus is only a skotch larger.

You may want or need a regular cellphone. Phone providers http://www.cnet.com/news/quick-guide-to-cell-phone-carriers/

Cell phone reviews http://www.phonedog.com/

You maybe able to get a discount with a wireless company depending on where you work.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1139413-Master-Employee-Discount-List/page8?pp=30