Frequent Contributor

Is there a Q website addy just for tablets?

Pls forgive me if this has been previously posted, but my tablets are giving me fits on the full website. I just discovered that Amazon has a separate "tablet" website. My Kindle is responding to it very well. I am hoping the Q has something similar. I mainly use the Q for the Discussion Boards so the "app" didn't help. Greatly appreciate any assistance!
Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a Q website addy just for tablets?

There is a QVC app but it appears to be only for sales, not the forums.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Right now I am on my HP chromebook - android tablet - via my QVC app. It works perfectly and also always worked well when I had my previous Asus tablet. It opens the entire website - no problem at all.

I also use my amazon app - no problem to order anything from amazon or just peruse the products and I have cloud reader app that allows me to buy books (same as a kindle app) from Amazon as well, and I even buy TV shows I can watch on my computer from amazon . What brand of tablet do you have? That may be your problem.

Regular Contributor

Try m.qvc.com. The addresses that start with ""m"" instead of ""www"" are mobile-device optimized. I don't know if it will work though-I don't own a tablet.

Honored Contributor

There is no special URL for the QVC shopping site. My iPhone automatically picks up the mobile version of QVC.com and switches over with a link for the option to view the full site at the bottom of the page.

There is no mobile version of the QVC forums at all. The forums seem to be barely compatible with mobile devices and it's a very unpleasant experience to use them. Generally speaking, I feel like the QVC forums are an afterthought. Nothing about them feels up to date or very functional.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/21/2014 happy housewife said:

Right now I am on my HP chromebook - android tablet - via my QVC app. It works perfectly and also always worked well when I had my previous Asus tablet. It opens the entire website - no problem at all.

I also use my amazon app - no problem to order anything from amazon or just peruse the products and I have cloud reader app that allows me to buy books (same as a kindle app) from Amazon as well, and I even buy TV shows I can watch on my computer from amazon . What brand of tablet do you have? That may be your problem.

Hi HH, I have a Kindle Fire HD and my old standby Motorola Xoom. As I mentioned, it is not the ordering that gives me the problem...it is the Forums.

Clangle, Thanks for the advice. I tried it, but to no avail. I didn't know about the "m" vs "www" so that may come in handy for other sites.

ChynnaBlue, I totally agree with you:

"There is no mobile version of the QVC forums at all. The forums seem to be barely compatible with mobile devices and it's a very unpleasant experience to use them. Generally speaking, I feel like the QVC forums are an afterthought. Nothing about them feels up to date or very functional."

Thanks to all of you. I enjoy the Forums and when I participate, I guess I'll get out my laptop. (haha) If that were my only problem, I'd be one lucky gal.

Blessings!!!

Super Contributor

It is a really big job making a website respond to the multitude of different types of devices that might be out there. All websites will eventually catch up, it just will take time.You won't need a special address - the right page will be shown based on whatever device you are using - desktop computer, phone, tablet, etc. The web page knows what type of device you are using and will show you the page they designed for that device. You may not like the design of the mobile page, however, so then you can often select "show me the desktop version"

It is called responsive design. In my job at a national non-profit, we have just begun the process to change to this type of design and we only have 40 or so pages. I don't see that the Q has a mobile design yet, other than its app.

Honored Contributor

On 10/21/2014 moto said:

It is a really big job making a website respond to the multitude of different types of devices that might be out there. All websites will eventually catch up, it just will take time.You won't need a special address - the right page will be shown based on whatever device you are using - desktop computer, phone, tablet, etc. The web page knows what type of device you are using and will show you the page they designed for that device. You may not like the design of the mobile page, however, so then you can often select "show me the desktop version"

It is called responsive design. In my job at a national non-profit, we have just begun the process to change to this type of design and we only have 40 or so pages. I don't see that the Q has a mobile design yet, other than its app.

I agree in general, moto, although QVC has never adapted their Community to be fully compatible with iPads and iPhones. With all these years, and the fact that they sell them, they should've been able to catch up by now.

Regarding responsive design, they do recognize a mobile device browsing on their shopping site and they usually default to the mobile version -- but you're right, they have the option for the user to switch to desktop if that's their preference.

His Grace, I'm sorry you're having problems. I know it's frustrating. Are you sure you have the most recent software on your devices, and you've deleted cookies, cache, website data before coming to the forums?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

On 10/21/2014 dooBdoo said:

His Grace, I'm sorry you're having problems. I know it's frustrating. Are you sure you have the most recent software on your devices, and you've deleted cookies, cache, website data before coming to the forums?

motto, Thanks. That's very informative.

dooBdoo, Yes I did delete the cookies and cleared cache as well as checking the most recent software before writing in the forum. But thanks for checking. That was my first thought also.

Blessings!

Honored Contributor

On 10/21/2014 His Grace said:
On 10/21/2014 dooBdoo said: <p class="quote_author"><em>His Grace</em>, I'm sorry you're having problems. I know it's frustrating. Are you sure you have the most recent software on your devices, and you've deleted cookies, cache, website data before coming to the forums?

motto, Thanks. That's very informative.

dooBdoo, Yes I did delete the cookies and cleared cache as well as checking the most recent software before writing in the forum. But thanks for checking. That was my first thought also.

Blessings!

His Grace, I was hoping one of us might find a good fix for you.

I wanted to tell you, you have such a kind nature. And your nickname and siggy really touched my heart tonight exactly when I needed it. I won't go into detail here and derail your thread, but thank you for the gift. Sending blessings and good wishes back to you.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova