Super Contributor

Please Do Your Research First

This TSV price is heartbreaking to see, and to watch. TSV price is $569. Same thing is $299 at Walmart and best buy. Of course it's only the iPad, not with all of the extra junk (which is not needed). Even more heartbreaking is that this is 2 versions behind the latest technology. Apple just released the iPad air2 last week, 16gb wifi sells for $399 at Apple. Not knocking the iPad 4 with retina, I have it and typing right now with it, but the price of the TSV is shocking. Buyer beware!
Contributor

Re: Please Do Your Research First

I'm tempted, but also went online and saw the $299 price at Best Buy. The Bluetooth keyboard/cover is on sale for $70.99, and the other stuff you can always pick up here and there if you feel you need them. You can't beat the easy pay, though, and for some that is the deciding factor. I'm still on the fence, especially since QVC gives until the end of January for returns...hmmmm...

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/20/2014 caspie said:

I'm tempted, but also went online and saw the $299 price at Best Buy. The Bluetooth keyboard/cover is on sale for $70.99, and the other stuff you can always pick up here and there if you feel you need them. You can't beat the easy pay, though, and for some that is the deciding factor. I'm still on the fence, especially since QVC gives until the end of January for returns...hmmmm...

A 16GB tablet from QVC for $569, or a 16GB tablet from Apple $399.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

Respected Contributor

Buying from QVC is as big of a ripoff as Rent-to-Own. Save your money or get a payment plan from Apple or Best Buy.
Honored Contributor

I would never buy electronics from a shopping channel. They always add extras that no one really needs and the price is higher than buying at a B&M store......and are rarely the current version.

Respected Contributor

My formula for buying ANY Apple Product is simple. I will buy ONLY from the Apple Store on-line, OR an Apple Retail Store, OR an Apple Authorized Reseller. The ONLY extended service plan that I will buy is Apple Care. Using this formula, I'm sure that I'll get the sales help (no commission sales people) I need and the products i want. {#emotions_dlg.wub} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

I wish QVC would just plainly state what version of the iPad this is to the viewers. The presentations make it seem like it is the most recent iteration.

Recently Craig Smith was selling the iPad 2 and demonstrating the photo stream. I sent an ""Ask Us Live"" question if the photos were taken with that iPad or a different device because I know the quality of the camera on the iPad 2. There is NO WAY he got such high quality photos from an iPad 2 which seems deceptive to me. Of course he never addressed this...

Trusted Contributor

Thank You for taking time to post this information

Respected Contributor

Generally, I find that electronic prices are not the lowest at Q or HSN. They may benefit from the trust factor of buying from them (returns are not insanely complicated, though you have to pay return shipping unless it's defective.) A lot of electronics outlets have bad return policies--try to charge restocking fees up to 15% or are in some way inconvenient.

However, I tend not to buy electronics here as they are often ten percent higher than they need to be. The margin on electronics is low--maybe four percent profit. So if you don't buy in electronics all the time (just as a special) you probably don't get a very low price as a supplier--ie Q and H are at somewhat of a disadvantage compared to Walmart.

Esteemed Contributor

While it should always be "buyer beware" to me it's truly unfortunate that customers, many I'm assuming are older and perhaps buying this for a gift, feel so safe putting their faith in QVC to offer them the best VALUE when clearly this is not the case. I think QVC is letting their customer down on this one.

More than 1/2 of their MSRP is based on accessories and a service package that's incredibly over-valued. I'm also guessing those 6 easy pays are driving sales, too.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat