Regular Contributor

hsn has a 10.1 inch tablet as a todays value for 199.00. It runs on android. I've never used that system. I don't use electronics for anything important. They are mostly for games and looking things up. I wondered if this tablet would be a good buy.

Respected Contributor

The Android operating system is the #1 operating system for mobile devices. You should be able to find apps and do anything your need. Other than that, I can't comment. If you can find out the model number, you can always do a search for reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so tempted. They said it was ONLY made to HSN. Makes me either happy to hear this or very suspicious if they are handing off old technology. Not sure you can google this one if it is only made for them. However with this said I was about to place my order... front and rear camera which is to my liking and it is after all ANDROID. LOVE ANDROID and I like the size and it looks to be something that will do what I want it to do.

Decisions.... decisions.

Respected Contributor

The model number 2101. You can compare the specs on HSN with HP online. HSN has some great deals and it has Kit Kat Android system. the only newer system would be Lollipop and that is just getting ready to be released. I own two apple tablets. The iPad Mini retina and the iPad 4 retina. I have been thinking of getting this as I don't have an Android tablet and this is upgradable. It is quad core with 1 GB ram and a screen resolution of 1280x800. It also has a front facing 2mp camera and a 5mp camera for photos. Built in front speakers. Bluetooth 4 and Wi-Fi. It is 16GB with 32 Gb upgradable capacity. A31s ARM Cortex A7 quad core.

All the specs are on HSN. Watch a few of the presentations and they are very helpful.

The return policy is until the end of January 2015 also.

*I just went on Hp.com and the 10"" slate is $299.00- HSN specs are Quad core and HP's is dual core. The ram is 2 on theirs and 1 on HSN. there other 10 Plus tablet is also $299.00. HSN has the best return policy and fast money back on our accounts.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the information. I could not find the model number, I guess I did not look hard enough. I might just get it. Not decided. But very much tempted.

Super Contributor

Did you see this one???

:

:

:

<h2 style="font-size: 22px; font-family: AvalonBook; width: 410px; font-weight: normal; color: #666666; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 20px;"> NuVision 10.1" Quad-Core 16GB Tablet with Dual Cameras, 16GB microSD Card, Bluetooth Keyboard Case and App Pack </h2>
<table style="border-collapse: collapse; color: #666666; text-align: left; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-spacing: 0px;"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">10.1" HD IPS touchscreen display</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
  • Intuitive touch control makes navigating a breeze
  • Pinch to zoom in and out; swipe a finger to turn a page
  • High-definition resolution (up to 1280 x 800) for superior viewing of your favorite movies, graphics and more
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
<table style="border-collapse: collapse; color: #666666; text-align: left; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-spacing: 0px;"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">Android 4.4 KitKat operating system</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
  • Get intuitive power and control to stay productive and entertained on the go
  • Access to more than a million fun and useful apps from the Google Play store
<table style="border-collapse: collapse; color: #666666; text-align: left; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-spacing: 0px;"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">Built-in 2MP front and 2MP rear cameras</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
  • Front camera is ideal for video chats and taking selfies anywhere
  • Use the rear camera for taking photos and videos on the go
<table style="border-collapse: collapse; color: #666666; text-align: left; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-spacing: 0px;"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">More Features</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
  • 1.5GHz quad-core processor
  • Integrated speakers
  • Mini HDMI output
  • Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
<h3 style="font-size: 16px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #666666; padding: 0px; margin: 20px 0px 0px;"> The Key Specs</h3> <table class="dictionaryItems" style="width: 621px; border-collapse: collapse; color: #666666; text-align: left; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-spacing: 0px;"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Display:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> 10.1" high-definition IPS widescreen touch display1280 x 800 resolution</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Operating System:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Android 4.4 KitKat</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Storage:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> 16GB built-in memorySupports microSD memory cards</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Wireless:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Wi-Fi; Bluetooth</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Inputs/Outputs:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> (1) Micro USB; (1) Micro HDMI; (1) Headphone jack</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <h3 style="font-size: 16px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #666666; padding: 0px; margin: 20px 0px 0px;"> The Basics</h3> <table class="dictionaryItems" style="width: 621px; border-collapse: collapse; color: #666666; text-align: left; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-spacing: 0px;"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Model #:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> TM1088</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Color:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Black, Blue, Purple or Pink</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Measurements:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Approx. 10.3"L x 6.9"W x 0.4" Deep</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Weight:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Approx. 1.1 lbs.</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Battery:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> 6000mAh Lithium-ion (battery life depends on usage and settings)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Power:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> AC for the tablet; USB charging cable for the keyboard</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key" style="width: 177px; vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; background-color: #e6e6e6; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> Country of Origin:</td> <td class="values" style="vertical-align: top; border: #c9c9c9 1px solid; padding: 4px;"> China</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
Super Contributor

I guess you did not see that one with the scrambled page..

Honored Contributor
On 10/19/2014 glb613 said:

The Android operating system is the #1 operating system for mobile devices. You should be able to find apps and do anything your need. Other than that, I can't comment. If you can find out the model number, you can always do a search for reviews.

Hi, glb613. I'm curious. On what do you base that first sentence? Do you mean it has the highest sales?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor
On 10/19/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 10/19/2014 glb613 said:

Hi, glb613. I'm curious. On what do you base that first sentence? Do you mean it has the highest sales?

There are more devices with the Android operating system. Yes, it has the highest sales.

Respected Contributor

I ended up buying the HP tablet on HSN and the blue case. The specs are very good for the price and it will be a nice addition to my iPad 4. If I don't like it after a few weeks I will return it or give it to one of my children or grandchildren. I will say Android is a very good system even if I am an Apple fan.