Super Contributor

Question on using smiley faces etc on iPad keyboard

I down loaded the new program yesterday and noticed I have Smily faces and such I can use on the keyboard. When I went to use them on a post here, they did not show up on the post when I submitted it. I am confused as to why?
Honored Contributor

Re: Question on using smiley faces etc on iPad keyboard

They're not designed to be compatible with the forums here.

Super Contributor

On 10/17/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Interesting that they work on other sites just fine.QVC is SO behind the times when it comes to their website.
Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 gazelle77 said:

Interesting that they work on other sites just fine.QVC is SO behind the times when it comes to their website.

I really wish QVC would look into all of the issues people have posting from iPads and iPhones. The tiny fonts and giant blocks of text drive me crazy and it's ridiculous that people have to know and use HTML code just to get a line break in a post written on an iPad or iPhone.

Super Contributor

I really wish QVC would look into all of the issues people have posting from iPads and iPhones. The tiny fonts and giant blocks of text drive me crazy and it's ridiculous that people have to know and use HTML code just to get a line break in a post written on an iPad or iPhone.

I agree. So irritating.

Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Lynnj said:

I agree. So irritating.

Let me add an "amen" to that. How many years have we been asking them to make their site compatible with all the devices? It does take a lot of technical work to coexist with the myriad of software, hardware, and levels of technical expertise in their users. But other sites manage, and at the least you'd think QVC would do so for the devices they sell to their customers.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Yes - LOL they are trying to be so trendy, all social media and etc and their forums aren't iPad friendly. They SELL (very outdated) iPads, yet relegate iPad users to second class citizenship on their forums. Feh.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Why not just use the emoticons in the ""post a reply"" box here? That doesn't work with an Apple product?

Honored Contributor

On 10/19/2014 ValuSkr said:

Why not just use the emoticons in the ""post a reply"" box here? That doesn't work with an Apple product?

No. iPad users don't see them. They are not ""here"" for us.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

not compatible for Ipad.