Frequent Contributor

Adobe installation....macbook pro

No matter what I do I can't update Adobe on my MacBook pro. It says safari isn't closed so it won't upload...but safari is closed. Any suggestions would be most appreciated Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: Adobe installation....macbook pro

Hi, KringleB! I think what you mean is you closed the Safari screen/window but you didn't quit the application. Closing and quitting are two different processes.

Usually the Adobe Flash Player installer will ask you if you want it to to it for you (I can't remember the exact prompt) and you can just say yes. There are several ways to quit an application, quickest is to right-click or control-click on the Safari icon in the dock and select "Quit" in the pop-up menu or click on the Safari icon to reopen it in your screen and select "Quit Safari" in the Safari drop-down menu. (eta: If an application won't respond to "Quit," you need to use "Force Quit.")

hth!Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

You can also use force quit. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner, select force quit, select Safari then force quit. Not all applications are listed on the bottom of the screen.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 glb613 said:

You can also use force quit. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner, select force quit, select Safari then force quit. Not all applications are listed on the bottom of the screen.

Hi, glb613! GMTA!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I just edited my response to add the "Force Quit," too. Several things could be done, but I hate to write a novella (which I often do{#emotions_dlg.blushing}) and then find out it wasn't needed. (eta: If an app is open, it should appear on the dock while open.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all so much!!!!! I followed your suggestions and it worked!!!!! Thank you again!

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 KringleB said:

Thank you all so much!!!!! I followed your suggestions and it worked!!!!! Thank you again!

Cool! Glad all is well.

Respected Contributor

dooBdoo, I found force quit after I couldn't get something to install and I kept getting a message I needed to close the program.