Respected Contributor

Opening this week in Sarasota, FL and Manchester, NH {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: Two New Apple Retail Stores

One of those must be close to you. The closest one to me is an hour away and no hopes of getting one closer since I live in the boonies!

Respected Contributor

The closest ones to me are located in Chicago, St. Louis or Indianapolis. Needless to say, I don't go shopping or visit the genius bar.

Respected Contributor

On 10/14/2014 Cha1k said:

One of those must be close to you. The closest one to me is an hour away and no hopes of getting one closer since I live in the boonies!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The Manchester, NH store will reduce the round trip by about 45 minutes. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

we have one that just got even bigger in our local mall 1 mile away.......i dont go in often, but my kids love to go in there, especially when they are having electronic problems. LOL it is almost ALWAYS packed AND there is almost always a wait.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 sunshine45 said:

we have one that just got even bigger in our local mall 1 mile away.......i dont go in often, but my kids love to go in there, especially when they are having electronic problems. LOL it is almost ALWAYS packed AND there is almost always a wait.

If you know you need a Genius, you can make an appointment online. Go to Apple.com, and look for your store, then click on Genius appointment. It will display a list of times available, and you select the time you want.

I do this all the time, and sometimes make the appointment a few hours before I plan to be at the mall that day. I've maybe had to wait 2-3 minutes while they finish up with the last person.

There have been times I have stopped in while at the mall without an appointment, and as you said they are always packed, and have been told it would be anywhere between 45 min to 2 hours when Ive asked to meet with a Genius without an appointment. Booking online beforehand is the way to go!